[Support request] Product Search In Navigation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Product Search In Navigation

Home Forums Support Product Search In Navigation

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

Hello

I have enabled Navigation Search on this client site and it returns Post and Product results. Great.

However, the Product results do not show Prices. Just image and description, product size.

The Product Search form we have added on the Shop page sidebar does return products with prices no problem.

Can I make a change to the Navigation Search to get the prices to display?

Or can I change the Navigation search function to Product search with prices. It is an e commerce site so prices are important.

I hope you can help / advise.

Many thanks

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not sure about displaying full posts and products on the same search. We do provide this filter to display products via the nav search:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_navigation_search_output/

John

Hi David,

Brilliant. That filter worked. Thank you.

I then added a search widget to the sidebar on my blog page (As we no longer have posts appearing in the Navigation search. However it returns results with blog posts summary AND products (Still minus prices). Is there a way to make this specific to Posts.

And a second question. If I now add and activate a plugin like Advanced Woo Search (Advance ajax WooCommerce product search.) Or Relevannssi. or Better Search. Will these operate automatically and integrate via the Navigation Search. Or will they need search forms / short codes to be added to the site.

Thank you John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure how to filter the search query so it only applies to the Search Widget. You could of course use one of the plugins you mention ( apart from Woo Search ) to filter the results.

The other search plugins provide their own widget, they don’t integrate with the GP Nav Search.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.