[Resolved] Product post container, Header, Widget & Child-theme

Home Forums Support Product post container, Header, Widget & Child-theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shahin

Hi Tom.

Very recently I got the GeneratePress Premium theme. For the most part it’s working just fine but there are several issues I wasn’t able to sort.

(1) In the category pages it always shows only 7 product post containers. On the first page the place for the 8th container is always left empty and below that shows the next page. I would like to fill-in all containers and if it exceeds then it should be on the next page.
    Ref:https://www.samsportablesolarpower.com/portable-solar-power/portable-solar-generators/
    https://www.samsportablesolarpower.com/portable-solar-power/portable-solar-panels/

(2) Is there a way I can proportionally shrink those Containers, so that title, image, text can be proportionally reduced in sizes? It’s alright for the current site but I have a beauty blog where I don’t want these product containers to be this big. If I add more columns the title, text take up too much of space and the containers look very long.

(3) How can I make site-Header area clickable? Right now it only works with the Logo.

(4) How can I make Footer Widget 2 Title to be centered or Any other Widget title?

(5) What should be the appropriate size for the Header Image?

(6) Is there a companion Child-theme for GeneratePress?

Many Thanks.
    Shahin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. The number of posts being displayed is controlled by WP – you can change the number in Dashboard > Settings > Reading –> Blog pages show at most

2. You can adjust most of the content being displayed in the blog articles in the Customizer > Layout > Blog – for the titles they use the H2 typography size in Customizer > Typography > Headings so reducing that will reduce the amount of space they take up. If need be we can assist with any custom styling you would require on your other blog.

3. This is slightly more complicated – you could either load an a logo large enough to fill the entire background of the site header ( which would mean the facebook icons would need to move ) or you could add this Javascript to your site to make the Site Header clickable:

jQuery("#masthead").click(function() {
        window.location = "add your URL here";
    });

And this CSS to add the pointer cursor:

#masthead {
        cursor: pointer;
    }

4. This would require some CSS.
    4.1 To center align all footer widgets:

.footer-widgets .widget-title {
        text-align: center;
    }

4.2 To cetner align just the second footer widget title

.footer-widget-2 .widget-title {
        text-align: center;
    }

5. Do you mean the Site Logo or the Header Background Image?

6. There is a empty/starter child theme you can download here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Shahin

Hi David.

I am very pleased with your replies. Most of them are resolved except item No.2 and 5

No.2 Is there way to reduce the Font size of the Title (Link) in the Category page Post containers without effecting global H2 titles? I want to keep the Single post page H2 tag font size 26 but in the Product post containers size 23. How can I achieve that.

No.5 I meant Header background image and not the site Logo.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. This CSS to target the post entry title:

h2.entry-title {
        font-size: 23px;
    }

We are looking at adding this a separate customizer option in a future update.

5. You need to know the height of your site header, you can right click inspect the site header to get this – the site you have provide a link to is 110px on desktop. So you can create an image of that height and the maximum width you require. Note that the header height will change when switching to mobile.

Shahin

Very pleased with the response. All issues resolved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.