[Resolved] Product page – gallery – first thumbnail cropped

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Product page – gallery – first thumbnail cropped

Home Forums Support Product page – gallery – first thumbnail cropped

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi there,
    I’m currently working on a website with Woocommerce set up. On each product page I’ve added extra images to the gallery, however the first of the thumbnails (ie the main product image) showing below the product image is being cropped to a square, whilst the others are displaying at their correct ratios. Are you able to advise how I can show it fully?

I would also love to be able to set the thumbnails all to the same size/ratio – is this possible?

Thanks,
    Sam

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Sam,

To have a better understanding of the issue, may you provide a link to a product where we can view the image issue?

You may use the private information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Sam

Hi Fernando,
    thanks for the quick reply, I’ve sent the link.
    Cheers,
    Sam

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Woocommerce, what is the Thumbnail cropping set to ?

Sam

Hi David,
    It’s currently set to Uncropped
    thanks,
    Sam

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

And do you have any custom functions for modifying the gallery thumbnail size ?

Sam

Hi there, no I don’t have any custom thumbnail functions

thanks,
    Sam

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its odd, because by default Woocommerce always crops the gallery images to 100px regardless. So the first image is what i would expect to see. Whereas the other two images are output at their full size.

Any other woo plugins installed ?

Sam

Hmm that’s odd. I don’t have any that I can think would affect it. I’ve tried disabling a few plugins, such as Smush, Code Snippets, an Instagram feed one and WP Show Posts, and nothing has changed…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it just that one product that has the ‘issue’ ?

Sam

Ahh I realise what caused it. We were originally using a different theme – Virtue (a Kadence one) – I switched this across to GeneratePress and it must have cached the old sizes. Just deleted and added the main image back, all good now. Thanks anyway!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aha! That explains it 🙂
    Glad to hear you got it working !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.