[Resolved] Product catalogue without shopping cart function

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Product catalogue without shopping cart function

Home Forums Support Product catalogue without shopping cart function

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Karen

Hi everyone,

I’m building a new website for a client that requires a product catalogue without a shopping cart function (as we cannot sell these products online). The product catalogue would be tied to product detail pages that gives consumers information on their products such as SKU, ingredients, product description etc. What would you recommend is the best way to do this? I don’t want to use woocommerce as we don’t need the shopping cart function. Thanks in advance!

Karen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

don’t have a lot of experience of catalog plugins. I would probably still recommend woocommerce and just remove the add to cart function and just leave out creating the woo pages aside from the shop.

The reason for this it will (probably) have all the fields that you need, whereas other plugins may require some legwork to set up the various content and posts.

To remove the add to cart just add these PHP snippets:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'woocommerce_template_loop_add_to_cart', 10 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_add_to_cart', 30 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 10 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_price', 10 );

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

If not then might be worth asking on our FB group.

Karen

It also cannot have prices. How would I hide that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try this:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_get_price_html', '__return_empty_string' );

Karen

Can you also provide a snippet to hide the shopping cart icon + link in the primary menu? Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should be able to hide that in the customizer:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#general

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Karen

Yes, thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.