[Resolved] Problems with woocommerce cart and checkout pages.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Problems with woocommerce cart and checkout pages.

Home Forums Support Problems with woocommerce cart and checkout pages.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Aquiles

Hello guys, I’m having problems with woocommerce cart and checkout pages… I select products from the store but when I go to the cart page there is nothing in it.. i want to know if maybe it’s a GP Premium problem.. I’m not sure but is affecting my site and my sales… on the cart icon i can see the total amount of products i’ve chosen.. but once i’m in the cart page nothing shows. If someone knows what the problem could be please let me know.. thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It sounds like a potential caching issue with your server. Can you check with your hosting that your cart/checkout isn’t cached?

Aquiles

Hello Tom! Thank you for your support, I checked with my hosting support and they told me to try disabling plugins one by one and theme as well.. and see if that could solve the problem… I did it… And it seems the issue is related with GP premium.. I activated another regular WordPress theme and now the cart page is working well… What can I do to solve the problem on GP then?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I am unable to access the site via the link you provided. Can you double check and confirm?

Aquiles

Hi David! Sure no problem, this is the right link http://www.puravidastorecr.com when you get on the website try to add any product to the cart.. Then try to see your cart and it will show “carrito vacío” it means empty cart.. Please consider this, it’s not happening all the time.. Sometimes I visit the website from my desktop and everything works good.. but when i start trying with other devices like with my phone browser or incognito mode on Chrome: the issue shows up again.. When i change to another theme on WordPress the problem disappears.. This issue is shown only with GP 🙁

Please help me with this situation!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Weird. Any chance you can try #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let us know 🙂

Aquiles

Leo, I tried doing that again as you asked me.. and it’s still not working.. I really need to fix this issue..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you look at your network tab when loading the cart, you’ll see the page is cached: https://www.screencast.com/t/reYjUoNUXT

This is the issue, as the cart and checkout pages shouldn’t be cached. A cached page means it won’t update with newly added products.

You can see the expected behavior using the latest version of GP and GPP here: https://gpsites.co/seller/

Aquiles

Hello again Tom, thank you.. I checked and you’re right… But then I decided to check the same with other theme and it shows this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sywjJ6i_l1cK7XEBpmZYj72PZmmM5ggC/view?usp=drivesdk
    But to be honest I don’t know how that works or how to change it on GPP… What should I do then?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Theme doesn’t control the cache. Do you have any cache plugins or functions related to Page Caching or Query Strings?

Aquiles

Hi David, i don’t have any caching plugin right now, my hosting service is managed WordPress so i thought it could be due to that.. But i talked to my hosting support about this issue and they told me that is a problem of compatibility between GP and woocommerce.. But what i don’t understand is why that issue is not happening when i use another theme like frontstore for example.. Or any free theme from WordPress…
    I really like how GP works, it looks great and easy to set up as you want, but this issue is driving me crazy.. And so far no one can help me solve it.. I don’t wanna have to change to another theme i like GP.. Please help me with this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Who are you hosted with?

I’m not sure how a theme could have any input on server caching. It would be great if they could provide some more information on what exactly we should be looking for on our end?

Do you have a child theme installed? If so, are there any custom functions in it?

Aquiles

Hello Tom, I’m hosted with godaddy, with a basic managed WordPress pack or something like that… And No, i don’t have a child theme installed.. I could try talking to them again but they insist that is not their fault and that i have to talk to someone else.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It might be worth asking for another support agent. I’m not even sure it’s possible for a theme to tell the server to cache or not cache something. That would be in your server configuration.

It might be worth asking them to check your server configuration. There should be something saying skip cache if on the cart (or checkout).

I can say quite confidently there isn’t anything server cache related in GP or GPP.

Let me know 🙂

Aquiles

Hello guys! I wanna thank you all for being here supporting me with my problem during all this time!! Finally I’ve found the root of the problem, somehow it was affected by Google analytics code that I put in the GP header to connect it with my website… I still don’t get why, but i read about it from someone with the same problem on godaddy’s forum.. So I tried removing that code.. and now it’s working perfectly like before…
    So i will mark this topic as solved! I really appreciate your help guys, take care!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.