[Support request] Problems with images after go-live production site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problems with images after go-live production site

Home Forums Support Problems with images after go-live production site

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tamarino. web & marketing

Hi everyone!

I’m having the next issue:

1. I have a website on my local environmet: (Ex: local.mysite.com)
    2. I’m going to deploy to production host: (Ex: mycoolsite.com)
    3. … I install “duplicator” on local.mysite.com…
    4. … I create a full backup of local.mysite.com…
    5. … I download it, upload to mycoolsite.com host…
    6. … and deploy it
    7. Duplicator make a full search and replace (local.mysite.com > mycoolsite.com)
    8. I visit mycoolsite.com… ¡most of the images load from local.mysite.com!
    9. OK… I install “Better Search and replace”… and make all the replacements again ¡There’s no replaces to make, everything is mycoolsite.com related!
    10. OK… Let’s edit manually one page… edit page > every image is mycoolsite.com path
    11. … I ‘re-save’ without changing anything… and images load perfectly

And then I have to open>save every page on my site to finaly work ok.

¿Is this normal behaviour? ¿Can you tell me what I’m missing?

¡Best regards and thank you for your excelent work!

PD: There’s no cache plugin, no “autoptimize” or similar plugin… nothing.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yup that sounds like the normal behaviour.

It’s normal that no images load on frontend but when I re-save it they load OK?

Maybe I’m not explaining myself…

In my page local.mysite.com/test/ there is an image. Theimage url is “local.mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png”.

When I upload my site to mycoolsite.com the page is mycoolsite.com/test/ and I make a search-replace action to replace local.mysite.com to mycoolsite.com so the image on that page changes to “mycoolsite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png”.

The problem is that on the database, the url is “mycoolsite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png”, in backend, the url is “mycoolsite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png” but in frontend, the page loads “local.mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png”.

It’s until I go to backend an hit the “save” button that “something” refreses and frontend loads image from “mycoolsite.com/wp-content/uploads/image.png”… and I have to do that on every page I have…

¿Is this normal behaviour? I don’t think so.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

searching around there are several topics on this subject ie. missing images after migration. There seems to be several reasons why this can happen – from my searches this articles covers most of the reasons:

https://trustiko.com/wordpress-images-not-showing-migration-fix-now/

Nope… that’s not the problem (any of them posted on that blog). Files are ok, paths are ok, search and replace is fine… but… frontend is still showing last path for images and after I ‘save’ again the post “generatepress caché” shows on frontend “local.mysite.com/myimage.png” (in backend the images paths are perfect)… I just need to go to backend an hit “save” button and the images load perfectly.

Maybe I’ll make a test page to show you what I’m trying to say…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can share a link to a post / page where the images are missing on the frontend we can take a look.

JEFFREY

Reading this thread – or any thread with a fix or solution or outcome that isn’t reported (if there was one) – is like watching a show with a cliffhanger episode . . and then the show is suddenly cancelled. How do we fix this, so that “off canvas” solutions end up here – in the forum – so we can all benefit? Policy change? Obligation on benefactor to “report back” to community? Sigh . . I feel like I’m being bossy or whining when that’s neither my interest nor intention in making this comment.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do to wrap up all topics with a ‘golden’ fix that all could benefit from.
    These kinds of issues are very site specific, and in addition to that this particular issue is not theme related ( GP or GPP has no control and does not interfere with site permalinks ). But we try our best to answer out of scope questions if we can through personal experience or a google search.

I hope the OP found an answer, and it may have been through talking with the Duplicator plugin author in this instance, as they would have a far better understanding of the migration process and the potential issues.

If you have a specific problem and you want us to take a look, please raise a new topic and share a URL to a problem page and we can take a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.