[Support request] Problems with building my site.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problems with building my site.

Home Forums Support Problems with building my site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brigid

I am having a number of problems.
    http://www.pathways-to-ppf.com

1. I am unable to set the page I have created as a static page. The option is not available when I go in to settings reading.

2. How do I get my background image to fit the page to the fold. Only part of the image shows. I would like the full image to fill the screen and to then layout my text around it.

3. I also would like to change the default settings on the paragraph layout. I would like to be able to have each paragraph showing just below the preceding one – and if I need a space that I can insert it with another paragraph return.
    So I’d like to have my paragraph spacing like this one.

Not like this one. How do I do this?
    Brigid

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Is the page published? not just a draft?

2. Not sure what you mean? You can apply a background image to the body and set everything else transparent?

3. Try reducing the Line height in Customizer > Typography > Body to 0.

Brigid

Hi Leo, Questions 1 and 3 sorted. Thank you.

Question 2. I have applied the photo as a background image and the text is coming through. So no problem there.

The problem is that only part of the image is showing on all the screens – different parts of the photo depending on the screen type. The full image contains sky, a woman jumping and grass at the bottom of the screen. What do I have to do to get this to appear above the fold on the laptop screen?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Background images are tricky like this.

If you set the size to 100% width, it will resize with your screen. The issue is it will add a white space below the image on smaller screens.

The best thing you can do is apply a different background image which works better for that screen size when you hit that width.

For example, if the image stops looking good at 1200px wide, you could do this:

@media (max-width: 1200px) {
        body {
            background-image: url('URL TO DIFFERENT IMAGE');
        }
    }

Let me know if that makes sense 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.