- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 5 months ago by Leo.
June 15, 2017 at 8:45 am #333994Afroze
I try to edit the posts page from the wp-admin console, but it does not work.
1) I go to to: wp-admin -> pages -> all pages -> ‘posts page’. From here I try to change the “sidebar layout” and the “page builder container”, but the effects are not seen in the site.
2) I edit my style.css file to add some change specific to posts page, in the following way:
.page-id-xx … (here xx is the page id i find for posts page from the “pages” section of wp-admin.
However, I also don’t see the desired effects in the live site.
The only way I seem to have effects on the blog page is when I change it through the customize feature, for example:
layout -> sidebar -> blog sidebar layoutGeneratePress 1.3.48GP Premium 1.3June 15, 2017 at 8:51 am #333996LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) Unfortunately WordPress ignores all metaboxes on index pages (blog, archive etc). So you would have to the options in the customizer as you stated (layout > sidebar > blog sidebar layout).
Page builders generally don’t work on Blog page either so that metabox shouldn’t be needed.
2) Try adding
.blogin front of the CSS selector. Make sure you are not editing the theme’s CSS file as the changes will be erased through updates. One of these method is the best:
Let me know if this answers your questions.June 15, 2017 at 9:12 am #334006Afroze
Thank you for the quick reply, it was very helpful, I successfully added .blog in front of the css selector.
Basically I want a css feature only for blog related stuff on my web page. This includes blog page, categories pages, and individual posts.
I was successfully able to extend the css to categories by adding .category in front of the css selector. However, I can’t figure out how to do that for individual posts, is there any keyword for that?
P.S. I have a child theme for editing the css, so it should be good. Thanks for pointing out 🙂June 15, 2017 at 9:16 am #334007LeoStaffCustomer SupportJune 15, 2017 at 9:19 am #334011Afroze
Ah thanks a lot!June 15, 2017 at 10:28 am #334038
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.