Problem with Spacing Plugin

Home Forums Support Problem with Spacing Plugin

Home Forums Support Problem with Spacing Plugin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JF-GAP

Hello, i noticed a problem with the spacing plugin. With left Sidebar and Blog with seperate containers, when setting spacing to 5, the plugin makes a space on the right side of content. Effect is that width of header and content are different. You can see the effect on my homepage.

Bets wishes

Jörg

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site?

Jörg

Link to my site is:

jf-gap.de

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, this is caused by masonry.

It’s trying hard to fit perfectly, but the numbers aren’t allowing it to.

Try adjusting your container width slightly until it fits perfectly.

Let me know 🙂

Jörg

Adjusting the container width doesn’t solve the problem. When adjusting the width it’s shown right in the preview, but when watching the homepage the space on the left is there again. It seems that the spacing addin makes a space on all four sides of the container, but should do this not on the right side, when sidebar is left. It works as expected when sidebar is left, then there is no space on the left side…

Best regards

Jörg

Jörg

Sorry error in last mail:
    it works as expected if sidebar is on the right side, then there is no space on the left side…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try setting your container width to 1335px – it’s working for me on my localhost with the same settings 🙂

Jörg

No, not working… In the preview it looks good, but when saving and going to jf-gap.de… Same Effect as before :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like the container is set to 1325 – did you try 1335? No luck?

Jörg

Tried it with 1335 px, same effect…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can leave it at 1335px so I can see? It seems to be back at 1325px again.

jf-gap

Changed it to 1335px, with sidebar right…. Now you can see.

jf-gap

….sorry, sidebar left…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give 1350px a try. I just mimicked all of your settings on my localhost and that container width worked better than any others in the area.

Kind of a pain to need to change the container width, but when working with math the numbers need to be right in order for everything to be the same.

You’d hardly ever notice, but since we’re using a tiny separator (2px), these small differences are noticeable.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.