[Support request] problem with paragraph block reverting to classic builder

Home Forums Support [Support request] problem with paragraph block reverting to classic builder

Home Forums Support problem with paragraph block reverting to classic builder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Susan

Hi

I am trying to update my Hello page using blocks.
    I used a grid and started in a 50 50 container putting text (paragraph block) in one and an image in the other.
    Then I inserted another container with a full width grid with a paragraph block.
    As soon as I started to enter text the paragraph block reverted to the classic and I got message- Use the classic builder.
    The classic builder does not give option to change font size and the text in the full width block will not take my global settings either.
    This means that the text on the Hello page is slightly larger than on the HOme page (which is applying global settings) Any ideas why I am experiencing these problems?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you copying and pasting the text into the editor ?

Susan

Yes from a word document

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah, ok, so that means the Word Document has some formatting that the Text Block doesn’t support.
    If you need to keep that formatting then you will have to use the Classic block.
    If you do not need to keep it then you would need to copy and paste just the plain text.
    See here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-the-formatting-when-you-paste-text-20156a41-520e-48a6-8680-fb9ce15bf3d6#bkmk_get_the_look

Susan

Hi thanks, that worked.

Re your comment about padding.
    I set some padding options in the customiser. Did you mean that there are parts of my site were there is not any padding?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you select a Block in the editor, and use the Wide Width option, then that block will ‘ignore’ the themes padding, which is how it becomes wider then the rest of the content.

This looks great for images.

But if you apply that to a Headline or text block then it too will lose the padding, and on smaller screens that text will touch the screen edge. Which doesn’t look too nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.