[Support request] Problem with GeneratePress (Premium) and Events Calandar

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with GeneratePress (Premium) and Events Calandar

Home Forums Support Problem with GeneratePress (Premium) and Events Calandar

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Elvin.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hermann Josef

Hello,

I am observing some problems when using GeneratePress with the Plugin Events Calendar (from Tribe Events: https://theeventscalendar.com/products/wordpress-events-calendar/)

I already have integrated the compatibility code which I have found in the support forums:

add_filter( 'option_generate_blog_settings', 'db_disable_columns_tribe_events' );
    function db_disable_columns_tribe_events( $options ) {
        if ( is_post_type_archive( 'tribe_events' ) ) {
    	    $options['column_layout'] = false;
        }

return $options;
    }

Unfortunately there are still problems, especially when I am trying to create elements with GP premium.

If I create a block element which I want to use as Page Hero, then the editor gives me an error message if I am trying to save this element:

"Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen [german for: update failed]. The _EventVenueID property has an invalid stored value, and cannot be updated to null."

I am observing this error when I am activating the settings “Disable title” and “Disable featured image”.

As soon as I deactivate the Events Calendar plugin, the error is gone and I can create / save this element.

So I have to deactivate Events Calendar each time I want to create or edit elements for my site with GP Premium. Once the elements are created, everything is working fine, even tough Events Calendar is active. So the temporary deactivation of events calendar is a workaround for me, but it is quite complicated. Is there any way to get rid of this error?

Thank you very much, Hermann Josef

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that’s very odd – I wonder why _EventVenueID this is even being changed in a Block element.
    Would it be possible to get a temporary admin access to the site so we can take a look ?

Hermann Josef

Thank you, David. Of course I can prepare an admin account for you. I will post the credentials in the area for private information.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry can you supply the admin URL as well

Hermann Josef

Oh, sorry, David. The URL is provided in the private field.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I was doing a bit of searching and I found other instance of this error:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-breaks-kadence-pro-theme-the-_eventvenueid-property/#post-14639663

And although its not GP, lets just say there are similarities – and that users issue was related to the WPML translated strings

If you’re able to it may be best to move the site to staging and disable the WPML string translation ( and any other plugins ) to see if there are conflicts there

Hermann Josef

Thank you very much, David!

It seems, that it is not the WPML string translation, but the WPML core plugin, which causes the problem. Maybe I should contact the WPML support? Do you have any hint, what details I could give to them?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Hermann,

This forum can be viewed publicly.

You can send the link to this topic and/or the wp.org link David provided so they get the full context. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hermann Josef

Thank you, Elvin, this issue is definitely connected with WPML. I got some similar errors meanwhile. So, I have contacted the WPML-support and if they can provide a solution, I will post it here.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Let us know how it goes. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.