[Support request] Problem with Generatepress and Elementor pro

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem with Generatepress and Elementor pro

Home Forums Support Problem with Generatepress and Elementor pro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Juan Gomez

Hi everyone
    Recently I buyed GP Premium Version 1.6.2 and Elementor pro Version 2.0.11
    I followed the recommendation to deactivate all the plugins and test if the Elementor work.

But I saw this message “Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page”

I try to change with other theme and return to GP but I get the same error.

How I can resolve this situation?

This is the temporaly admin access

User: jdddios
    Password: $Escama139722

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Juan,

it sounds like a possible server config issue. Couple of things to try with your host:

1. Check with your host to ensure the .htaccess file is installed.
    2. Get them to increase the PHP Memory Limit, its currently at 40meg, i would recommend at least 256meg or higher. Once they increase that you need to edit your wp-config.php file and look for this line:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '40M' ); and increase this.

Let me know

Juan Gomez

Ok my server work with NGINX
    .htaccess does not exists in Nginx

But I added this line in my wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

but I get the same error.

I forgot mention this

The first time when I create the post with Elementor all is OK. the Elementor Editor work fine.

But when I reedit the post this show me the message

“Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page.”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Juan,

Sounds like either a cache issue or a permalink problem.
    Try clearing any caches, browser and server.
    Then try previewing a page and selecting Edit with Elementor from the WP Admin Bar.

Stu

I wanted to post my issue here as possible assistance for anyone having this problem… My Issue was with Elementor Pro – and Popup Maker (https://wppopupmaker.com).

I had added an Elementor Pro shortcode for a ‘page’ inside a number of popups.

This affected all ‘single’ templates I had built (when editing only) with the error ““Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page”

Deleting them resolved the issue and all works again.. This was a massive pain to find.

I hope it helps someone.

Stuart

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing Stuart! Appreciate you taking the time to provide a plugin issue you have eliminated.

Stu

I know how frustrating it can be to have an issue for 4 hours after a mad amount of hard work and deadlines to find yourself with the prospect of starting again 🙂
    – If I can help just one person, its worth the tiny amount of time to do this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes most definitely. I think page builders open avenues that are not well documented yet, and it’s very easy to end up ‘breaking’ a template by rendering one inside another.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.