- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Tom.
August 21, 2017 at 12:27 pm #370660Terra
I have 2 problems with the blog settings:
1. I have ‘Comment must be manually approved’ checked. I have checked the box and saved changes so many times now! BUT comments keep showing up anyway and while it says ‘comment is awaiting moderation,’ the comment itself also shows. This happens when I leave the site and go back in – both the comment itself and the ‘awaiting moderation’ both show. This doesn’t seem right…?
2. The name and email content boxes stay filled with the previous commentor’s info. The name field and email field keep showing the previous name and email, even when I leave the site and come back and refresh page, etc. It shows the info still. Is this normal? How do I make it so that these content boxes empty out, so that not everyone sees this info?
I don’t know if this is a GeneratePress situation or a basic WordPress thing, and so I hope you don’t mind me asking on this GeneratePress forum.
Thank you for any suggestions!
TerraGP Premium 1.4.3August 21, 2017 at 11:55 pm #370938TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. This stuff is handled by core WP, but I’m pretty sure it will show only if you’re logged in as an admin. Can you still see it if you log out?
2. I think this is the same as the above – do you still get this if you log out of your account and visit the site as a guest?August 22, 2017 at 9:00 am #371318Terra
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your help and especially as these are WP issues (not GeneratePress)!
1. I did check the site without being logged in, and it still showed the moderating comment at first but after about 3 hours it went away
2. I just checked while logged out again, and the old info in the name and email field are still showing
Do you think it has to do with the browser I am using, and I should check with another browser? (I will check this!) I am still using Vista. (I know.) So I am also using Firefox and Vista isn’t ‘supported’ any longer, etc. Maybe I am experiencing a few glitches because of old OS and browser?
terraAugust 22, 2017 at 11:47 pm #371690TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperAugust 23, 2017 at 9:47 am #372040Terra
I really appreciate your help!
I cleared cookies and also tried another browser, and the info of the previous person (name and email in the field areas) still shows up. I really don’t know what to do or who to ask about this (as it is WP itself and not GeneratePress issue).
The other issue of the comment sitting there and the ‘awaiting moderation’ note sitting there, with the comment showing, for hours seems odd too. Should it sit there, visible, for hours? (Then what is the point of ‘awaiting moderation’ when it is visible for hours, anyway?) I am just wondering if this is normal!
I love GeneratePress but WP itself is so frustrating, when I don’t understand what and why things like this happen and how to fix it!
Do you have any ideas of what to try next?! 🙂
TerraAugust 23, 2017 at 8:38 pm #372355TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hmm, I haven’t experienced this before, so it’s hard to tell.
Have you tried posting over on WordPress.org? The support team over there is great and have seen pretty much everything that has happened in WP. Maybe they’ll have an idea?August 24, 2017 at 9:14 am #372730Terra
Aha! YES thank you!
I posted my question and they answered! It is likely that I just keep seeing my own auto-filled info… even though I kept trying to clear it out by clearing all history and trying on different browsers etc. When I cleared history and it keeps showing up, I thought it must be there all the time for other site visitors as well. But the Moderator at WordPress.org said the fields are clear when he looks at it.
So I guess my problem is solved! 🙂
Thank you for your replies and great info. I really appreciate the awesome support at GeneratePress. (If I wasn’t using GeneratePress, I don’t know if I would even continue trying to do this whole website /blog thing!)
TerraAugust 24, 2017 at 9:20 am #372746
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.