[Support request] Problem customizing site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problem customizing site

Home Forums Support Problem customizing site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matheus

Hi guys!

According to the info available here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit, I tried to edit the wp-config.php file to extend the limit of the memory.

However, even after doing that, I can’t customize my site. I keep receiving the “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2359296 bytes)…” message.

And when I deactivate the plugin – that is, when I use the “basic” features of the theme – everything works fine – that means, I can customize the site the way I want.

What could be done in this case?

THanks a lot!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do you have a lot of other plugins activated?

Matheus

Hi Leo. Thanks for the answer.

No, not that much. Besides GP Premium, I have these plugins installed and active: Akismet Anti-Spam, Classic Editor, Slimstat Analytics, Page Builder from SiteOrigin, SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle and Sydney Toolbox.

I ran some tests and I realized that the GP Premium only works when the Page Builder from SiteOrigin and SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle plugins are deactivated. And also, and unfortunatelly, only when the Classic Editor plugin is off.

Thanks again for helping!

Matheus

Hi there again!

Now here’s a new problem. After deactivating the Classsic Editor plugin I’m able to go to the Customize page. But any changes I make aren’t saved. When I click the “Publish” button I receive a message saying that “something went wrong, please wait a few seconds and try again”. And it doesn’t matter how long I wait, I keep on receiving this message…

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it sounds like a possible Memory Limit issue, can you check with your host that the increased PHP Limit is allowed, they may not have allocated this to your server so increasing it in the wp-config won’t actually do anything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.