[Resolved] Prime Child Theme – Newbie question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Prime Child Theme – Newbie question

Home Forums Support Prime Child Theme – Newbie question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linda

I am a newbie to wordpress but coding for 30+ years on all kinds of platforms, so I should be able to figure this out but I need a push. I am using Prime child theme and modifying to sell services instead of products. I got adding the products/services, and putting them in a category that I wanted, and even getting that new category in the menu and it shows up. But what I don’t get is WHERE is the page that I am seeing? There’s some magic somewhere that is showing the new category, but if I wanted to add something to that ‘page’, where would I put it? I have basic css, javascript, lots of database and coding experience, but I’m just not seeing how the GP menu is generating this page? I may not even want to update it, but I’m just trying to figure out the navigation. Using localbyflywheel for initial development, link to my site is only temporary and may not work. Thanks for any feedback.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The category pages are actually automatically generated by WordPress/WooCommerce (same as the posts page and archives).

Not exactly sure what you are trying to add but Hooks Element might be what you are looking for:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

You can find product archives under Display Rules tab.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda

This helps me understand, I will review the WooCommerce documentation for more info. Thanks very much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.