[Resolved] Primary Menu won’t save changes within active Generate Press Child them

Home Forums Support Primary Menu won’t save changes within active Generate Press Child them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gloria

Hello! Tonight when I went into to update my Primary menu at the top of my website, I went inot: Appearances, then Menu. I tried to delete the two menu items, SAMPLE and PRICING as I don’t need those right now.

Here’s my site so you can see the two said items yet sticking stalwartly to the top menu.

I’m using a developer’s Generate Press Child’s theme, which is active. Should I uninstall this and replace it with my new Generate Press Pro theme and then try to fix the menu? I’m not a developer and I’m scared to do this without direction. I do, of course, have back-ups of my site held within my host, SiteGround. I could always revert to an older version.

What can I do? Also, can I email support with my login for you to see what’s going on? I already set up Generate Press with admin rights on my site to help me fix this issue.

I realize it could be a few things. Please help. I’m trying to relaunch my online courses site to homeschoolers and I’m getting valuable marketing help such as removing those two menu items. I’m stalled out now from moving forward if I can’t get my menu to work right. Gawd, please help me with this. It would be deeply appreciated!

Long live my WordPress website as it’s been smooth sailing for the most part over these past 4 years I’ve built and maintained it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you may want to set up a staging server so you can safely make changes without effecting the live site:

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/staging/

However, you can de-activate the Child Theme ( by activating the GeneratePress parent Theme ) and re-activate it without losing those child theme / customizer changes. I would begin by de-activating the child theme to see if it is stopping you from editing the menu.

Gloria

I was able to resolve the issue. In the middle of the night, I received my answer! I had forgotten that I prefer to create my header/footer menus in Thrive Architect. I went into the home page, used Thrive Architect to edit and I was finally able successfully to remove the two unwanted pages from within my home page. But, now, I’ve discovered a new weird issue. A clickable list to ALL of my WordPress pages is found at the top of my Reviews and Blog post pages. So, when peole go to those pages (see my Blog example here): https://natureglosescience.com/nes-blog/ They see this huge annoying list of my WordPress pages. They have to scroll down beneath the list to see my blog posts!

Do I need to set up a new support ticket for this issue? I may have accidentally clicked something to create this or it may be from some update. I’m not sure if that issue is Generate Press theme related or not. Thank you!

Gloria

Also, is it “safe” for me to just deactivate my Generate Press child theme, upload the Generate Press Pro and activate Generate Press? I do have back-ups on my host SiteGround. Will it mess up settings that I had set up with the GP child theme on my site? I actually mainly use Thrive Architect to build my pages. But, I recall setting up my brand’s colors and fonts within the child theme, I think.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need to create a new menu with the desired items and assign it to the primary menu.

I would recommend taking some time to go over this page:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for questions unrelated to the original topic?

This would help us to keep track of the issues better.

Thanks!

Gloria

Where is the link to setting up a new topic? I don’t see it readily.

Gloria

Nevermind. I found it. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.