[Support request] Primary category used for permalink and breadcrumbs

Home Forums Support [Support request] Primary category used for permalink and breadcrumbs

Home Forums Support Primary category used for permalink and breadcrumbs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maria

Is there a setting that lets you control what category shows up in the permalink and breadcrumbs when a product is in multiple categories? I would like it to use the primary category but that is not what it currently uses and I can’t find a way to control it. It seems the YOAST seo plugin lets you control this but I would rather not pay €69 a year for this if possible

Maria

Hmm, it seems primary category is a setting available in Yoast. I thought it was WordPress…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes Primary Category is Yoast feature:

https://yoast.com/features/breadcrumb-controls/

I don’t believe it requires the premium option and according to that document it should automatically use the primary in Breadcrumbs and URLs.

Maria

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I need it for Woocommerce and unfortunately that seems to require the premium plugin 🙁 It is strange that this feature (choosing a primary category to be used in breadcrumbs and URL’s) is not available in WordPress or woocommerce. Perhaps you might consider adding it to GP in the future? 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Permalink structures is a core requirement or for SEO plugins – its not an area that Themes should get involved in as that could lead to site structural issues if you ever had to migrate themes. Unfortunately i am not aware of a free solution that offers that functionality.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.