[Resolved] Pressing Stuff

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pressing Stuff

Home Forums Support Pressing Stuff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tenchystryder

Evening guys

I see you use BBPress here for the support. I was going to use it but it’s not been updated for 4 months and is showing as not tested with current WP version.
    Being that you are using it, I thought a good place to start for to ask here if I may have issues with it ?

Also, if you look at one of my pages, I have put headers above them (about us, T&C’s etc). Is there a way of getting the same result across the blog pages (main news page and category links – My galleries in one of them).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

No issues here. WordPress.org itself uses bbPress, so it’s a good bet that it will continue to get updated well into the future (at least until they don’t use it anymore).

Are you wanting to add an image above your archives? If so, you might be able to use the category description field along with a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/allow-html-in-category-descriptions/

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

tenchystryder

Hi Tom

Yeah really bugs with when you can’t filter when searching the plugins from your admin panel. At least you could filter the older not-working stuff out of site.

Yes, the pages I have done images as it’s easier to keep a template handy when I need a new page image.
    I’ll take a look at that plugin. I was looking for a plugin where you can add images into each category but couldn’t find one.

Will let you know how I get on later mate

tenchystryder

Not sure that will work for me Tom. I have tried it though.

All the pages are ok as I can add anything at the top of the page, it’s the categories my menu links to.

First problem, it still shows the header title (like my Galleries and feedback) and doesn’t show anything on the news page which is set to main blog posts. Where as I can disable the title on a page I can’t on a category or blog page. What I want to achieve somehow is getting those category and blog pages looking like the other pages.

I was looking if the font can be changed via custom css but I think this would affect all header fonts and not just those areas I want to change.
    Is there a way to show the categories and main blog using a shortcode I could drop into a page?

Edit:
    Actually, if I can achieve this for the categories, I could dump the blog page and just have links to each category and not have everything under the news link (blog) as it is now. (ie; currently shows all categories on news link)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Where as I can disable the title on a page I can’t on a category or blog page.

You can disable category titles like this:

.category .page-title {
        display: none;
    }

Is there a way to show the categories and main blog using a shortcode I could drop into a page?

You could try a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

tenchystryder

Right, I have changed things a little to save some of the work I think.
    I have now put links for each of my categories including the News (main blog) as separate links in my menu.
    The main blog page (shows all posts) is now listed as history articles.

I have removed all those images for now. I am now looking at maybe changing the font/typography for “page-title” and “entry title” which I am hoping will have a similar effect to what I was looking at.

Sorry Tom, bit of a long winded thread for what is probably a simple task and not helped I just changed the game plan πŸ™

tenchystryder

Right resolved. I can do this with fonts and typography Tom

Thanks for the time.

Is there an easy way or decent walk through guide to add my own fonts into server ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked out this article?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Let me know πŸ™‚

tenchystryder

Sorry Leo, diverted by work.

Yes I’ve at this. It should solve my problem thank you guys

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.