[Support request] Premium Plugin Upgrade Crashed my Site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Premium Plugin Upgrade Crashed my Site

Home Forums Support Premium Plugin Upgrade Crashed my Site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anne

This morning, when I logged in to one of my websites I was notified that the Generate Press Premium plugin needed to upgrade. When I attempted to do this I received an error message, saying the update had failed. I logged out from the site but when I later tried to return, the site was unreachable.

I contacted my hosting company and they got the following message:

“Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/ellisbaker/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/copyright/generate-copyright.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/ellisbaker/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/gp-premium.php on line 74”

My hosts said the original version of the plugin had apparently been uninstalled in the failed update.

Thanks to my hosting company (BigScoots) we re-installed the original plugin and the site is working again, but the upgrade really messed up my WordPress site.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Anne,

Very sorry to hear this! It looks like something prevented the plugin from uploading fully. This can be a problem when a required file no longer exists (as the upload didn’t complete).

I’m glad your hosting was able to fix it for you. It may be worth checking with them that all your files have the necessary file permissions to update the plugin so this doesn’t happen again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.