[Support request] Potential new Bug

Home Forums Support [Support request] Potential new Bug

Home Forums Support Potential new Bug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luis

Hi guys,

Firstly love your work guys, keep it up. =)

I’ve been having some editor time-out issues for a while now that I’ve managed to work around.

While investigating a 503 issue, John at Cynderhost mentioned that >

“It took a bit, but it looks like the theme is at least partially the cause. Changed it to 2019 and the issue disappeared. I also attempted deactivating all your plugins – that did not fix it.”

He also said after checking a few more things that >

“For a very weird reason, this request:

(link below)

by the editor times out. Changing themes/disabling plugins fixes this, so it looks like something there. This is unrelated to the other issue – stopping wp-cron from running/raising worker limit does not affect this. Actually, as far as the server is concerned, that request has already been served. So, something wacky is going on with either the response being returned, or a script running something. Each time you hit publish, the request is sent but kept in “Pending” state – chrome has a 6 connection/domain/session limit, so once you’ve hit update six times and gotten six “Pending” connections, Chrome won’t open anymore, and all other connections to your site fail and timeout, making it seem like nothing is working.

I honestly don’t know what the problem here is, but I can say pretty confidently it seems GeneratePress related. Deactivated GenerateBlocks & GP Premium, and above request worked again. One possibility is some sort of output_buffering / ob_flush() in their code that is creating some issues/an incomplete response. We have other users running GP with no problem though, so it may be worth raising a support ticket with them.

In the meantime, the two mitigation options are either don’t use the two plugins above, or reload your editor after 5 “Update” clicks, which basically resets the counter. (For Chrome, at least).”

Please let me know if you need front-end or back-end access to investigate this further. John at Cynderhost was very helpful.

Luis

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme itself shouldn’t be causing any issues like this. If it was, we would definitely be hearing about it from multiple sources.

Deactivated GenerateBlocks & GP Premium, and above request worked again.

So the issue itself wasn’t the theme, it was GenerateBlocks and GP Premium? Both of them, or just one?

If it was GP Premium, try deactivating the modules one by one in “Appearance > GeneratePress” – is it a specific module?

We have other users running GP with no problem though

This pretty much rules out something within the theme itself. I wonder if there’s something specific to your install? A custom function, maybe? What happens if you spin up a fresh install on the same server, same issue?

Let us know 🙂

Luis

Hi Tom,

I will give your suggestions a go on Monday / Tuesday and report back with what we find more.

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.