[Resolved] Post title stopped appearing on post archive pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post title stopped appearing on post archive pages

Home Forums Support Post title stopped appearing on post archive pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hugues

Hi,
    Weird one for you.
    Post titles have suddenly stopped appearing on all post archive pages for this site (main archive, category archive, tag archives).

This is the site: https://qil.co.uk/articles/ titles were previously appearing below the featured image

I’ve tried the obvious – checked additional css, checked function.php, cleared cache, checked customiser settings but I can’t explain it.
    This is a client site but they only have editor access so they can’t have made changes that would affect this and I know I didn’t. I tried disabling some plugins which are not common to my other GP powered client sites (where the archive titles are fine) but to no avail…

I am missing something obvious ? can you help please ?

Thanks in advance.
    Hugues

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Hugues,

Can you try to disable all plugins except GP premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins?

If it still doesn’t work, can you switch back to the parent theme to test?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Hugues

Hi Ying,
    Thanks for getting back to me
    Unfortunately disabling all plugins doesn’t solve it.
    Activating the parent theme doesn’t solve it either, it does reduce the space between post featured image and content by a few pixels but the titles are still not coming back.

As a quick test I used beaver themer to replace the post archive page temporarily ( https://share.getcloudapp.com/geug5Aje ) and it does pull the post titles fine, so it feels theme related. Can you have a look please, I am at a loss?

Thanks in advance
    Hugues

PS:
    I also tried deleted additional functions.php content to check but that doesn’t solve it either (below is what i have in function.php of the child theme

add_action( 'generate_before_content', 'tu_add_featured_image' );
    function tu_add_featured_image() {
        if ( is_singular( 'post' ) && has_post_thumbnail() ) {
            the_post_thumbnail();
        }
    }

add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

// Add custom colours to block editor
    function mytheme_setup_theme_supported_features() {
        add_theme_support( 'editor-color-palette', array(
            array(
                'name' => esc_attr__( 'qiblue', 'themeLangDomain' ),
                'slug' => 'qi-blue',
                'color' => '#094ab2',
            ),
            array(
                'name' => esc_attr__( 'white', 'themeLangDomain' ),
                'slug' => 'qi-white',
                'color' => '#ffffff',
            ),
        ) );
    }

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'mytheme_setup_theme_supported_features' );

Hugues

Hi Ying,
    One more thing: I don’t know if it’s related because I didn’t check if the titles were already missing beforehand but I did deactivate and delete the classic editor plugin yesterday.

Re-installing and activating it doesn’t solve the issue but could somehow the process of WP converting post contents to “classic editor blocks” on deactivation of the classic editor plugin create a conflict with GP which can’t be recovered by re-activating the classic editor plugin?

Let me know what you find.
    Cheers
    Hugues

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have a Legacy Header Element on the archive pages – i wonder if that is conflicting with something, could you temporarily change its status to draft and recheck the site? Just a shot in the dark.

Hugues

Hi David,
    Very good hunch!
    There was a conflict there. Even sending those legacy headers into the bin didn’t fix it so I deleted all my legacy elements permanently and replaced the blog header with a new header element and voila! fixed. πŸ™‚
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Take care
    Hugues

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that worked.
    We’ll take a look at whats going on there…. but as you did – update to the new ones πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.