[Support request] Post Style Settings as an Addon?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Post Style Settings as an Addon?

Home Forums Support Post Style Settings as an Addon?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laura Brown

Could GP have an addon to set/ edit each post format style (asides, links, gallery, etc.) without breaking into code? Post formats seem a bit useless without an easy way to set the style you want to use for each of them.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Post formats almost seem like an afterthought in WP, especially with Gutenberg in the pipeline. I wonder what their long term plans are for them.

For now, I can definitely help with some custom CSS if you’d like? Each post format has a specific class which we can target.

Laura Brown

Could you make it an addon? That way I don’t need to go through code to find the place to add the CSS and then do it again when something else changes or updates it?

It is weird about the post formatting. They made a fuss about it and then abandoned it like a kid’s toy in the backyard.

It would be nice to set a style for each type of post and keep it consistently over my site. I could make a style guide for myself but I doubt I’d stop to look at it every time. I’m a solo publisher but this would also help multi publisher/ editor sites keep their formatting.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently there’s a handful of features and adjustments that need to be made to GPP.

However, I’ll definitely keep it in mind, especially if it’s obvious that post formats have a permanent place in the future of WP 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.