[Resolved] Post revisions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post revisions

Home Forums Support Post revisions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hi,
    I don’t see the post revisions anymore.
    In the last weeks I was used to receive an alert, when I updated a post saying that there is a different versions available.
    Now the alert is gone, but I see no more the number of revisions in the WP editor and I find no way how to access them.
    WP Fastest Cache says that the revisions are in the database.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Perhaps you installed a plugin that’s hiding them? I’m not really sure what would cause them to go away.

Perhaps this will help?: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-happened-to-revisions/

Bernhard

I’ve checked this already but did not help. I actually don’t know when the revisions disappeared from the editor because I usually don’t need them. It was only because I was searching the versions of a page.
    The only major change I made in the last month was to test Gutenberg disabling Classic Editor plugin – now active again, otherwise only updates of Autoptimize, Clearfy, GPP, Advanced Ads.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Classic editor is active? If so, do you see the revisions checkbox if you click the “Screen Options” tab at the top right of the page?

Bernhard

Hi Tom,
    yes, Classic editor is active. I don’t see the checkbox for revisions. There are two checkboxes for sections.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just checked it out in the Gutenberg editor: https://www.screencast.com/t/yLRbwG32

In the Classic Editor, it should be a metabox: https://www.screencast.com/t/BtZvP3EFlqnJ

Bernhard

It’s not there. Screenshot
    I’ve sent an invitation to support@ so you can have a look into it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, this isn’t really something I can debug in your Dashboard.

Are you sure revisions are turned on if the first place? They might be disabled by a plugin you’re using, or in your wp-config.php file.

Does the post or page you’re checking have revisions? What if you create a new page and make 4-5 changes (saving after each one)?

Bernhard

Hi Tom,
    wp fastest cache says that revisions are there. I actually changed some pages but I can’t see the revisions.
    In one case after an update I got the message there is another version and when I wanted to see it the system restored it without displaying the versions before.
    I have checked clearfy and there revisions are enabled.
    I looked into the wp-config and found
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 5); which I cancelled but no change.

I looked in some threads and somebody recommends to re-install the actual wordpress version. Is this something I can do without risk?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can re-install the WordPress files in “Dashboard > Updates”. However, I’m not sure that will actually do anything.

Sometimes, hosts will disable revisions to prevent large databases. Perhaps your host is doing that?

Bernhard

Hi Tom,
    I struggled around some other hour and finally found out, that Clearfy was causing the issue.
    The thing was, that I had not only to disable the plugins one by one, but each time save a change to a page because only after that the revisions appeared again.
    Thank you for your support.

Bernhard

Webcraftic has now confirmed that this is a bug in Clearfy which will be solved with the next release ๐Ÿ˜›

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it figured out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.