[Resolved] Post meta link to specific page (or URL)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post meta link to specific page (or URL)

Home Forums Support Post meta link to specific page (or URL)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joey

Do you guys know if there is a way I could link custom fields post meta to a specific page of the website? I created a book list using GenerateBlocks. I know I can link the post meta to Single Post, etc, but I was wondering if there was a way I could make each meta value link to a specific biography page for that author. For example, if I could add the link into custom fields when I edit guest-author.

I know the simplest solution is to just manually add each author on the list with a link to their bio page, and at this point we don’t have a lot of books, so it wouldn’t be hard. But this list is repeated in a couple places in the website and we’ll grow, so I was wondering if I can automate it. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if i understand correctly, you would need to have a separate custom field to store the link to the author biography page. You can then have the Content source set to one Post Meta value ( eg. the author name ) and the Link Source set to custom field containing the link.

Let me know if i have completely missed the point 🙂

Joey

Okay, I understand now. So I just created a custom field named guest-author-link within the book page and put the relative URL there, and now it links to the author biographies. Wow, custom field with GenerateBlocks if pretty flexible. Sorry, I think I didn’t explain super clearly, but you understood right. Thanks a lot for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.