[Resolved] Post load time

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post load time

Home Forums Support Post load time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    olusegun

Hello guys I have mp3 file on my post and since this mp3 file load with the post it increases the load time of the post pages. Is there anything that can be done to prevent it from loading with the post so that the post page load time can reduce

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

So you actually don’t want the mp3 (audio block) to show up on the page?

olusegun

no not that i dont want to remove the mp3 block, lets say i pick up a post url from site and analyse it with gtmetrix the load time can be as much as 10 seconds and when i check the the waterfall on gtmetrix to knowwhy it is taking so long to load its always the mp3 file on the post page thats taking 95% of the load time.
    These are screenshot from gtmetrix:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

So what i am proposing is
    To load only resouces above the fold and since the mp3 file is always below the fold, i need a way to make it load only when the user scrolls down(like mp3 lazy load) or may be defer offscreen media files or load only when user press play or download
    That is what i have in mind with the hopes of reducing the post page load time

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m not aware of a solution like this and sounds like it would require a custom solution.

Maybe check with WordPress to see if there is a solution to lazy load audio block?

The theme itself can’t control this.

The page loads pretty fast when I checked though. Like 1-2 seconds I’d say.

olusegun

Thanks for the heads up, i was able to find a plugin called lazy loader and it did the job

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing the solution 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.