[Resolved] post images resizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] post images resizing

Home Forums Support post images resizing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Howard

Hi guys:
    I always properly size images and compression before uploading. I usually go no MORE than 900 pixels in width for images, sometimes less. This works great for generatepress FEATURED IMAGE, Which fills post page well.

However, when I put other images within the post at above sizes accordingly, they appear to be bit smaller particularly on DESKTOP viewing. As the genereatepress featured image is perfectly placed, how would I get an image WITHIN the post to a size equal to say, the feature image. eg. on desktop images..WITHIN THE POST. (https://www.rawassertions.com/jeff-sessions-bible-immigration-quote-intentions-are-correct/) (i use a homepage 2 sidebar option, but ONE SIDEBAR FOR the actual post.)

I know you can resize within WP after uploading, but would this not change the compression size…which I keep at absolute lowest as applicable to quality.? (Probably an option to get post images larger, either before or after uploading, while keeping same low compression level??)
    Thanks
    Howard

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure what you mean.

Why can’t you properly size (crop) and compression the non-featured images as well before uploading?

If you do so then just select Full Size when inserting the image then it should be the size you want.

Let me know if I’m missing something.

Howard

So when image is uploaded to library, it gives image size. When i set featured image, the size fits width and fits nicely under title
    when i put cursor say between a written post paragraph, then insert the image, it is usually SMALLER than full width and height.
    So, above the inserted image in post, there is a way of EXPANDING THE IMAGE, centering left/right or whatever, as you say.
    Is this what you mean by “selecting full size”; basically expanding it or cropping the image? Will that not make the file size larger than the original image as it was uploaded to the media library? Or am I missing an option when inserting image inside a blog post?
    Howard

Howard

Hi Leo
    Figured it out. The size can be edited in blog post I JUST NOTICED..before or after it is inserted to post.
    Thanks Howard

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.