[Resolved] Post excerpts not appearing automatically

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post excerpts not appearing automatically

Home Forums Support Post excerpts not appearing automatically

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I’m having problems showing excerpts from my posts automatically; so far the only way to get one to show is to insert an excerpt manually.

In settings>reading I have it set to Excerpt.
    In customize>layout>blog I have it set to Content type: Excerpt (for Archives)
    In each post, the Post Format is set to Standard. There are no spaces in the Excerpt metabox.
    I’ve disabled caching & cleared browser cache. I’ve deactivated the plugins one by one – those changes I can see, so I don’t think there’s a caching issue.

The main blog page (‘posts’ page in settings>reading) is organised by GP from customize>layout>blog into 2 columns. No excerpts are showing.

I have a block element hooked under each post, with WP Show Posts displaying other posts – no excerpts showing here either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

edit your post, and remove the Container Block that you have added to place your content inside – it is not required. Let us know if your excerpt displays correctly afterwards

David

Hi David,

Thanks, I edited the posts created with GB to remove the outer container and all the excerpts display now – brilliant, thanks for your help!

Presumably if I want to have a more funky arrangement lower down in a post e.g. a grid with text on one side and an image next to it, then that’s alright – just as long as the first paragraph (from where the excerpt will come) isn’t contained within anything else, right?

Best,
    David

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

just as long as the first paragraph (from where the excerpt will come) isn’t contained within anything else, right?

That’s correct 🙂

David

Great, thanks for confirming and for the great support, both!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.