[Resolved] Post excerpt to look same as post – paragraphs, links, text colors, italics, etc

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Post excerpt to look same as post – paragraphs, links, text colors, italics, etc

Home Forums Support Post excerpt to look same as post – paragraphs, links, text colors, italics, etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vikingruler

Hello there,

Can you please let me know how to get the post excerpt to look exactly the same as the post text layout.

I am referring here to paragraphs, links, text colors, italics, etc. used in the post, appear also in the post excerpt.

As seen here

Thank you.

Kallad

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe Dave is using the more tag:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-more-tag/

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

vikingruler

Hello there,

No, this is not what I am after.

What I am wanting to know is: How to bring in the exact same ‘post text layout’ being used in the post, into the post excerpt.

If you take a look at the example I provided you with; you will see that the post excerpt is not just a bunch of text, but it looks just like the first portion of the post, when you click on the ‘Read More’ button, and go to the original post – there are colors, links, bold, italics, and paragraphs being displayed, in the post excerpt…which looks exactly the same as the post text layout of the original post.

The example I have given you, is from a site using GP premium.

I have searched your support forum, and the internet, but do not find what I am after, so I do hope you will be able to assist me.

Thank you.

Kallad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Dave Foy does use the Read More tag. If you want more control over the excerpt formatting then maybe give this a shot:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-excerpt/

vikingruler

Hey David,

Why didn’t you just say I must use the Read More tag… (that’s a joke).

Sorry for wasting your time. I used the Read More tag…and it worked.

What I should mention though, is that I was trying to get the post excerpt to display the same as the post, when being taken from a post lying within a template that I had designed with Thrive Architect (which still does not want to work – but I will take this up with Thrive). So, I wrongly assumed that it would also not work with posts using the default GP post template.

However, I decided to try the Read More tag on a post that uses the default GP post template…this works 100%. Just like I want it to.

Thank you to you (and Leo) for persisting with me trying the Read More tag.

All the best.

Kallad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

haha – as long as we don’t lose our sense of humour then all is good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.