[Support request] possible layout

Home Forums Support [Support request] possible layout

Home Forums Support possible layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

maybe kinda off-topic question, but its worth a try πŸ™‚

a friend of mine asked me to build a site for him and while browsing some possibilities he pointed out the following layout ‘would be great’ (which is indeed!): example

the question is: can this layout achieved with gp??? full width, left menue and full height & sticky, no common footer … full width possibility also in content when apropriate etc.

in a short tryout i wasnt able to get close to this so far, mainly due to navigation settings.
    so is it worth another try? full width content with elementor seems to be achieveable, but the whole thing might be more than tricky.

maybe you may take a quick look and post your verdict? would be great.
    thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is actually a layout I’m working on for the free version.

For now, this might get you a little closer: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/vertical-menuheader-wno-horizontal-header-menu-is-this-possible?replies=10

Let me know πŸ™‚

dasigna

hi tom,

fiddled around with this a bit…
    conclusion for now: getting closer but cannot replicate!

quite o.k. as long as you stick to percentages for full width (with sidebar getting really wide on occasion…), but once restricting the width of the sidebar to fixed width in pixels youre running into problems. -> contend not covering full rest of page on desktop as there is a big gap between sidebar and content for viewport bigger than defined container, strange behavior at some breakpoints (sidebar, and with it menu disappears), background color of sidebar cannot be defined separately etc.
    and after all, sidebar is not full height unless you completely disable footer too.

so for the moment, this is not achieveable with gp unless doing a lot of tweaking it seems… and that might might not be worth the effort (to me).
    there is indeed far more to consider with this layout than it may seem on first look!

so it would be great if your template for this might be available – lets say – next week? πŸ˜‰

thanks again for efforts and (as always) fast reply – REALLY appreciate this. great job!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

there is indeed far more to consider with this layout than it may seem on first look!

Tell me about it.. Now imagine adding an option for it that meshes well with all of the other GP options πŸ™‚

It will definitely be an option, but it’s going to take a little time to make perfect.

It’s very high on my list of priorities though πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.