[Resolved] Positioning elements in either GP Hooks or header widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Positioning elements in either GP Hooks or header widget

Home Forums Support Positioning elements in either GP Hooks or header widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    julie metcalfe

Hi I hope you can help, Im in a pickle and admit to not knowing what Im doing!!

I had a video and an autorepsonder form side by side in the header (I believe using GP hooks) and all was fine – till I changed the video and now I cant work out how to get them postioned correctly in the header again? I have VERY limited knowledge opf coding or using stylesheets Ive tried some suggestions using absolute/relative positioning but I have to hold my hand up and admit I’m lost!

Is there a simple way I can fix this please?

http://livingactive.org/

thank you in advance
    Julie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well something like this would work:

.header-widget .widget {
        display: inline-block;
        vertical-align: top;
        width: 50%;
    }

You could also do:

.header-widget .widget {
        float: left;
        width: 50%;
    }

However, you would have to reduce the size of your video, and remove the second widget (social icons) – and then things will (barely) fit.

I suggest maybe just putting the video in the header, and saving the sign up widget for the sidebar, as it’s pretty tall.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

julie metcalfe

Thanks although I dont really understand how Im meant to apply this to be honest, maybe Ive been looking at it too long. My previous video displayed perfectly to the left with the form to the right but I now cant replicate this at all.

Very confused and maybe better leave this to some expert somewhere I guess 🙁

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the CSS plugin linked in my signature under this post.

However, it may be easier to just move your sign up widget to a different widget area (left or right), and leave the video in the header with the social icons.

Having both in your header will create lots of white-space to the left of it under your site title and tagline.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.