[Support request] Portrait Photo being stretched

Home Forums Support [Support request] Portrait Photo being stretched

Home Forums Support Portrait Photo being stretched

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi,

When I upload a portrait photo to my blog, it seems as if the photo is being stretched to fit the container.However, if I put the images in a gallery or 2 columns it seems much better. Is there a way to fix this? I size my photos as 900px x 600px?

Thanks,
    Sam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is there a specific page where the issue can be seen?

This is what I’m seeing and it looks good:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/absxLeMe

Sam

Hi Leo,

It is throughout the blog pages. The images appear so large on desktop but fine for mobile. I came across this blog where their photos are 1440×1800 and they look good on desktop. I feel like my photos are being stretched to the content width maybe. The real pixel size should look smaller. I size the photos 900×600.

The blog I am attaching below has much larger images than how I size my photos, but yet they appear so much smaller and the quality of the photos look good. If I size my photos 1440×1800 they look huge! I want to size my photos by 1200px to have a better quality photo, but the photo looks giant and takes a while to scroll down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sam

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry is there a specific image you are referring to here?

I don’t see any images being stretched.

There isn’t a special setting to resize the image when the core image block is used as well as it is a static image and not a background image:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/image-block/

Do you get the same issue when using a Twenty series WP theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.