[Resolved] Plugins – Compatibilities?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Plugins – Compatibilities?

Home Forums Support Plugins – Compatibilities?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl

I have a forum page for my WordPress [WP] site and would like to use the forum developer’s plugin. So, other than installing the plugin and testing it out, how does one determine whether a specific plugin is compatible with GeneratePress and the specific editor being used for editing the WP site?

The forum plugin is from Website Toolbox [https://www.websitetoolbox.com]. The plugin is used to customize the forum to look like your WP site page. When I installed and activated the plugin, several lines of PHP code showed up on the screen when in the WP site admin dashboard plus the site itself went bonkers; the navigation bar expanded vertically by at least 300-400px!

I currently have the forum open in its own page [a sub-domain page created specifically for it]

The WP site page to access the forum is: http://www.dearpreschoolparents.com/parenttoparent/ Visitors to the page would then click the button to view, register, or login to the forum.

So… What is the “trick” to determine the compatibility of a plugin that isn’t listed in the plugin directory?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Carl,

If a plugin says it’s compatible with any theme, it’ll work with GP.

The only times a plugin won’t work with GP is when:

1. It’s coded poorly, not using WP standards
    2. It’s coded for a different theme
    3. It requires the theme to add code to ensure compatibility (WooCommerce)

Carl

Thanks for the reply, Tom – appreciate it… Can’t vouch for the coding of the particular plugin, and I’m not sure if the plugin is coded for a specific theme or the WOO commerce thing… I gave the developer access to the dashboard to try the plugin and they could see what I was indicating about the PHP code showing up on the dashboard which prompted the support tech to notify their “coding team”… [The plugin is deactivated for now until they fix it to work with the GP theme]

Once I hear back from them I’ll let you know what I find out…

Carl

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.