[Resolved] Please Help! ~ Our Hostgator-Hosted Business Site is Down

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Please Help! ~ Our Hostgator-Hosted Business Site is Down

Home Forums Support Please Help! ~ Our Hostgator-Hosted Business Site is Down

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Accounts Payable

Hi there.

Last Friday morning, HostGator did a system wide Apache/php update that caused all of our marketing sites to crash. By the end of the day, all of the sites were back up except the one I have entered into the URL. This wordpress site is the only one using GeneratePress. AFter being on the phone with them for three days straight, and not getting anywhere, they are stating that it appears that it’s the theme we’re using that is causing the issues.

The HostGator ticket (response) has not been generated yet, but because I have been insistent, they had a tech take a look, and they indicated it was the theme, but cannot give me more information until the Admin get around to responding.

Can you provide any assistance?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We would need more information on what the issue is from their end. Unfortunately, a lot of hosting support agents will point the finger at themes/plugins before they actually look into the server configuration.

The fact that we can see PHP code written on the page tells me something is wrong with your server. PHP isn’t being executed.

The theme itself doesn’t have control over that. I would ask to be transferred to another support agent/manager.

Accounts Payable

I’ve already done all of this. Spent my entire weekend dealing with it, and yes, I agree with you. Where do I send you my wp-admin login so you can take a look-see?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure I would be able to do anything with your wp-admin at this point.

Have you asked to speak to a manager at Host Gator? All they need to do is go to the URL you shared here to see something is wrong with your server.

Accounts Payable

We found the problem, and it was a cache issue. We downloaded WP Super Cache & all is now well with our world again. Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.