[Support request] Playing with the slideout menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] Playing with the slideout menu

Home Forums Support Playing with the slideout menu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angel

Hi,
    I have reading the forum but what I am trying to do is a little different so I couldn´t find the answers.

I would like to:
    – Have a primary navigation on Float right. Easy. Only for non logged in users.
    – Have a slideout navigation only for logged in users.
    I can use a plugin to hide or show the buttons and the menu dissapear, so I think I can do 1 and 2 easy.
    Now is when I get stuck.
    – Have the slideout navigation button on the left of the screen. Like this theme:
    https://buddyboss-clusterinteracti.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-website/product/_assets/images-product/boss-theme/social-learner.jpg
    but without the main menu on top.
    As far as I can see, the slide out button is always on the primary menu, and is always on the right or center, never on left, even if I select float left or any other options on the menu.

Is this possible with generatepress?
    thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you set your primary navigation to have no links, it should only show the slide-out toggle icon.

Then you can use some CSS to position it to always be on the left.

Can you set up your menu to only have the slide-out icon, and then link me to your site? I’ll help with the CSS 🙂

Angel

Hi,
    That sounds great. How can I send you the credentials (as the primary menu should be only for logged in users) without making them public?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can add in the site URL in the original topic that only myself and Tom can see

If we need login info you can send it through Account Issue: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Angel

Just did that.
    Thanks

Angel

I am testing and I have another problem.
    If I use the secondary navigation on the right as main, it is not shown on mobile.

So, is it possible to have the primary navigation on the float right and the “slide out” button on the left?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try adding the slideout toggle in the first menu item as Tom suggested here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/slideout-menu-button-on-primary-and-secondary-navigation/#post-338327

Then use this CSS:

.slideout-toggle {
        float: left;
    }
    Angel

Oh, that is a nice addition to the mix.
    Do you have a post about how to create the menu icon too, or do I need to use text?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm try this CSS:

.slideout-toggle a:before {
        content: "\f0c9";
        font-family: FontAwesome;
        line-height: 1em;
        width: 1.28571429em;
        text-align: center;
        display: inline-block;
    }
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.