[Resolved] Place Secondary Navigation above a Site Header Block made with Layout Elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Place Secondary Navigation above a Site Header Block made with Layout Elements

Home Forums Support Place Secondary Navigation above a Site Header Block made with Layout Elements

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian

A question about the Layout Elements:

How could I manage to have the Secondary Navigation under the green Site Header Block I made with the Layouter?

Actual:
    [Seconday Navigation]
    [Site Header – made with Layout Element]

Desired:
    [Site Header – made with Layout Element]
    [Seconday Navigation]

Thanks!

Sebastian

I already tested the Option “Position of Navigation” at Edit Element/”Title”/SiteHeader
    Doesn’t affect it, I think it just controls the position in relation to the Main Header/ Page Wide Header.
    And I want to have the navigation above my own created site header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use a Hook Element. Add this to the element:

<div class="second-nav grid-container">
    	<?php generate_secondary_navigation_position(); ?>	
    </div>

Select after_header hook. Check Execute PHP and set the Priority to 15.

Then in the Customizer > Layout > Secondary Navigation set the to Location to No Navigation.

Sebastian

Awesome Workaround! Thanks a lot!

I just changed the code to let it work with my “main navigation” and also stuck navigation:

<div id="site-navigation" class="main-navigation stuckElement grid-container">
    	<?php generate_navigation_position(); ?>	
    </div>
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Thanks for sharing your Primary Sticky nav version 🙂

Sebastian

Hi David,

I have a request. I experienced that the Hook Element to hide the Primary Navigation everywhere, just hides the normal Version and not the mobile Version of the Primary Navigation. But I can’t find an Option to deactivate / select this element also.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you deactivate the Mobile Header option in Customizer > Layout > Header

Sebastian

Hi David,

thanks! That was the point.

Am I right, could I place a Search Icon and a Logo “manually” in to the Mobile Menu? Before I used these two Options inside the customizer and customize it with extra css code.

Could I achieve this now by using the Hooks inside_mobile_menu or inside_mobile_menu_bar?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the

inside_mobile_menu hook is aside the of the hamburger icon.
    inside_mobile_menu_bar is within the bar items such as the search icon or shopping basket.

There’s no hook inside the actual menu drop down list, you would just a custom link inside that.

The slideout navigation does have hooks and a widget area inside it though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.