[Resolved] "Pixel site" galleries, is possible to inport only galleries?

Home Forums Support "Pixel site" galleries, is possible to inport only galleries?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Eva

Hi everybody, I am very new at wordpress and I am designing a webpage for a very mixed company with very different services.
    I really loved the way the “Pixel site” theme shows the pictures, is it possible to add that kind of gallery in a webpage that is being designed without any specific theme? what do yoy recomend me? Thanks in advance, regards,
    Eva

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Pixel site uses the Gutenberg block editor. On the front page it is using the Columns Block and the Gallery is using the Gallery Block. So yes, you can add this to any site without having to install one from the Site Library.

Eva

THanks! I am trying using this tools but I can’t get the option to show one image big size in corrousel without seeing the picture that goes before and after at the same time. I would love both sides to be grey so I can center my attention in the main picture.
    Also, I can’t find a way to link the columns block with the gallery. I don’t know if you can help me with this. Thank you so much for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to be clear:

I can’t get the option to show one image big size in corrousel

Are you using a plugin for this? If so which one.

To create the Gallery page on Pixel you only need the Gallery Block. Its fairly limited as to what you can do – ie. set the number of columns to display. That particular layout was created by selectively choosing the different size images and placing them in the set order eg. 4 landscape , 4 portrait, 4 landscape.

Eva

Sorry but English is not my mother tongue. What I want to say is that the main picture in the carrousel has pictures both sides like in here:
    http://tinyurl.com/y3elofnl
    So it doesn’t allow to see the main picture in the center asolated to center the atention only in one picture. I used wordpres blocks carrousel widjet.

I don’t know either how to link the Colum Block to the carrousel gallery.
    Thak you! you are very helpful!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Carousel is not a standard Block. Can you tell me what block plugins you have installed in Dashboard > Plugins ?

Eva

I thought it was a standard one. I have GP Premium, CoBlocks, Jetpack, Lightweight social icons, WordPRess Importer, Child Theme GEnerator.. no carousel, I guess the one I should install is “WordPress Carousel- REsponsive Image Slider for Word Press” Isn’t it??
    Thanks David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah its the CoBlocks plugin.
    If you select the Carousel Block and go to the Settings sidebar ( right hand side – click the cog icon in the top bar if its not displayed ) – there is Size option. Change it to Extra Large

Eva

Yess!! THat was exactly what i was lookig for. Thank you sou much.
    I still don’t know how to link the Carousel Block from Cobloks Plugin to the Columns Block. Is it possible? Thank you for such a helpful service!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you mean put a carousel in the columns. Then:

Add a new Columns Block
    Click the + in the column and then select the carousel block.

Let me know if understand correctly.

Eva

Not exactly.
    What I mean is to copy the “action” that happens when you press click in any of the pictures of the “pixel theme” galleries. If you press click in any picture, that picture enlarges (or “grows”) into the full screen carousel display. And then you can continue passing every picture.
    But every picture in the carousel is linked with the thumbnail pictures shown in the grid made by columns.
    I guess I have explained well… _:I
    Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah sorry – now i understand 🙂

The Pixel site uses this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-featherlight/

It is automatic. Just install it. All images when clicked will open the carousel lightbox.

Eva

Yes!! I think this is the best option. Thank you so much for your help! I continue designing!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.