[Resolved] Pictures doubled or tripled in size after update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pictures doubled or tripled in size after update

Home Forums Support Pictures doubled or tripled in size after update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

The update I just got was Version: 1.3.31… so I need to downgrade to a previous version? What I’m confused about is that I didn’t create new images that were as large as I think you’re imagining. My featured images are no larger than the standard Facebook/Twitter featured image size: 1024×512. That has never changed. Can you elaborate?

Jessica

I am currently in “Customize > blog > post images

I have the settings to:

Show (post images)
    Above header (post image position)
    Center (post image alignment)
    Auto (post image width/height)

I think we might be talking about 2 different things. Is there some other place I’m supposed to editing the blog?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1.3.31 is the free theme – I’m talking about GP Premium. What version of GP Premium are you using?

Jessica

Version 1.2.86

I’m not receiving another other update.

Jessica

I just re-installed GP Premium plugin and nothing changed :/

There’s got to be something else causing this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, it’s super hard for me to tell without actually seeing the site.

Are they set as featured images (https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/featured-images/) or using the Page Header add-on?

Can you see if another plugin might be causing a compatibility issue? https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/ (#1)

Do you have any values set for the post image width or height?

Jessica

They’re all set as featured images. I didn’t do a whole lot of outside editing. I used only the main theme and the add-ons.

I’m attempting to setup a subdomain so I can upload the site for you to see it’s just taking a while to propagate.

All I know is that before today’s updates, I had no issues. And I’ve been working on this for a few weeks. I’ll let you know once I have a link to share – I just have to keep it on a dev area… the site isn’t fit to deploy publicly b/c of the missing images :/

Jessica

I give up. This is very likely not going to work πŸ™
    It was so easy to create the initial site and was looking forward to launching tomorrow. But I am spending more hours trying to figure out why all my images aren’t linked up anymore than it took for me to setup the entire layout. I’ll have to go down another path and start over tomorrow.

All I know is that the update today is what caused the issue. I’m really bummed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It can be fixed, we just need to work together to figure out what’s going on πŸ™‚

Can you see if another plugin might be causing a compatibility issue? https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/ (#1)

Do you have any values set for the post image width or height?

Another thing to try to isolate is to go to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and deactivate “Blog” for a second. Do the images re-appear?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
    Jessica

alright so here’s what I just did: I installed the previous versions of both the theme AND the premium plugin and everything is back to normal. I am working on a local environment so the best I can do is share another screen grab.

The versions are:
    Theme: Version: 1.3.29
    Plugin: Version 1.2.83

Here’s what it looked like right before the updates https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fsm3q5we7xtftq/gpd-before-upgrade.jpg?dl=0

What could have happened in the upgrade that would cause the images to completely disappear (especially since I just reverted back to what WAS working)?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, so there’s something in one of the updates that is having an issue with your server.

If you’re willing to help me test then I’m happy to try and find out what’s going on πŸ™‚

Jessica

Sure but since I’m not working on a live server, do you want me to send you the zipped file? I don’t know how to give you access otherwise.

I did disable plugins but other than the 2 GP plugins, there are only 3 others:
    – Gravity Forms
    – Soundcloud Shortcode
    – Yoast SEO

Please advise how you would like me to proceed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

1. Update GeneratePress (not GP Premium). Images still there?

2. If yes, update GP Premium. Images gone?

3. If so, go to “Appearance > GeneratePress” and deactivate “Blog”. Images back?

Jessica

Updated theme only – images still there.
    Updated plugin next – images gone
    Appearance > GP > Deactivated blog – images back

So… is it the blog add-on?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like it. Do you have any values set in the “width” or “height” options in “Customize > Blog > Post Images?

What server are you using for your local development? XAMPP? WAMP? Do you have a live server you can test on?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.