[Resolved] PHP errors for image.php

Home Forums Support [Resolved] PHP errors for image.php

Home Forums Support PHP errors for image.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    2fer

I updated to the gp-premium addons today and right after that I had a problem. My error log shows rows of:

[29-Apr-2015 14:22:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset ‘width’ in /example-path/wp-content/themes/generatepress/image.php on line 28
    [29-Apr-2015 14:22:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset ‘height’ in /example-path/wp-content/themes/generatepress/image.php on line 29

I downloaded a copy of the file named image.php and I can see that lines 28 and 29 are:
    `$metadata[‘width’],
    $metadata[‘height’],`
    So my question is, does this file need an edit?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I think this may be a server thing – I found this thread on it: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-upload-error-since-version-40?replies=41

That being said, that file wasn’t necessary, so I actually just removed it from GeneratePress, so this will be a non-issue with the next version ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

2fer

I had not tried to upload any media and I see no further signs of this error than right at the change so I guess I should not be concerned. It seems to be in fine order right now. It went suddenly haywire but I think it might have been due to the time of day I decided to do the work. That site has heavy traffic in the afternoon so I will blame my poor timing.
    I appreciate the link to read more about it from other angles.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – the new GP will be out in a week or so, and that file won’t exist anymore, so you shouldn’t have any more issues once that update is applied ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.