[Resolved] Performance went down after switching to GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Performance went down after switching to GP

Home Forums Support Performance went down after switching to GP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Swan

Hello,

I switched my theme from Extra to Generatepress and I am using the Divi builder plugin with it.

After switching my page size went up from around 1 MB to 3.75 MB of course the load time went up from 3.5 to 5.4 on gtmetrix.

It says gzip compression don’t work while siteground says everything is fine on their site. Without gzip compression the file size would be much smaller arround 2.1 MBs.

The scaled images and leverage browser caching issue is clear for me – need to address it later.

Thanks for your great support.

Melanie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t do anything with the content, so i can’t explain why the content size would increase by switching themes, neither would it effect the GZIP you have enabled on your server. I can only assume that Extra theme being integrated with Divi was doing something to the compresssion of the content….. i am not sure what to advise

Melanie Swan

ok thanks david.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I wonder if there was a caching issue? I just ran GTMetrix on your home page and its under 1mb in size. Let me know if theres a specific page where the issue is showing and ill take another look

Melanie Swan

Hi David,
    I’ve already switched it back to the Extra theme as the site was so slow.
    I can send you a screen shot of the details of the issue from GTmetrix if that would help?

Now sure how to add a screen shot here. could you advise?

many thanks, your help is much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can take a look. To share an image you need to host it somewhere or use a share drive and then post the link here.

Melanie Swan

Hi David,

Now I have the GZIp compression issue with the Extra theme too. I’ve realised it’s nothing to do with the GP Theme.

I’ll look into it!

Many thanks,

Melanie.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems. Hope you get it resolved.

Melanie Swan

David,

Thought I’d let you know I solved it. It was a plugin (ActiveCampaign) that was causing the GZIP compression issue with I presume some conflicting code that was in the footer.

I’ve now reloaded GP Premium to great effect and my site stats are fantastic!

Melanie.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – really glad to hear that you found the issue, and thank you for sharing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.