[Support request] Performance Advice

Home Forums Support [Support request] Performance Advice

Home Forums Support Performance Advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darren

Hi,

Looking for advice really on my latest gtmetrix report https://gtmetrix.com/reports/demo.infinitydelux.net/PyuXpP7q
    I have a total page size of 294KB with 22 requests which loads in 1.7 seconds, wouldn’t you expect much quicker loading times with only 294kb? Or Am I expecting too much;)

I am using AutoOptimize same settings you guys recommend.

Do you think this is the best loading times I’m likely to get on my current setup?

I’m on siteground shared hosting, contemplating on getting 4gb vps from vultr with a LEMP stack.

Thanks
    Darren

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the major issue is the Time To First Byte for each of your requests. May want to speak with your host regarding there responsiveness or server side caching.

There is a possibility of some false positives ( or negatives ) here with your lazyloader plugin. Test it without to see if there is any significant change

Darren

Ah was using lazyloading in AutoOptimize.

hmm interesting completely disabled lazyloading 0.7 seconds fully loaded with 55 requests 577kb seems to be quite a bit of blocking >> https://gtmetrix.com/reports/demo.infinitydelux.net/S5TUkBp7

Enabled lazyloading on SG Optimizer fully loaded time not very consistent varies from 0.6-1.4 seconds 18 requests 303kb >> https://gtmetrix.com/reports/demo.infinitydelux.net/AKcHh44z

Seems enabling lazyloading not all its cracked upto be?

Thank you David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Lazy Loading is good for longer Pages / Posts where there are a lot of images off screen. It simply defers the request until their placeholder enters the viewport.
    This of course does skew the total load time results.

One thing to be careful of is Ajax Loaded content containing images. Te.g using the Load More button on Post archives or a pop up. As those elements aren’t present when the lazy loader script fires on initial load it can miss them out and leave you with no images. Its also pretty pointless having lazy load and ajax loading considering they both defer loading.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Lazy Loading is good for longer Pages / Posts where there are a lot of images off screen. It simply defers the request until their placeholder enters the viewport.
    This of course does skew the total load time results.

One thing to be careful of is Ajax Loaded content containing images. e.g using the Load More button on Post archives or a pop up. As those elements aren’t present when the lazy loader script fires on initial load it can miss them out and leave you with no images. Its also pretty pointless having lazy load and ajax loading considering they both defer loading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.