[Resolved] Partner “directory”

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Partner “directory”

Home Forums Support Partner “directory”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joao

Hi there,

I’ve been looking or “partner directories/lists” for a new site for the last days and I reached the conclusion that here’s lots of plugins but they’re all overkill in terms of what I would like. I was looking for something as “simple” as: user chooses a region e.g. Europe and then select from a list of
    countries to choose a partner, e.g. Europe / Portugal / List of partners shown (and once once chosen, their contact details, site, etc).
    Besides, most of directory plugins found requires membership or woocommerce plugin installed.

So, I started looking for simpler solutions – away from directories. And https://generatepress.com/site-library/ was a recurring idea/example. Instead of All, Business, e-Commerce, Blog buttons I could use continents and list countries and companies alphabetically (with a company “block”). They’re not that much and the effort for update is manageable. I could create a page for each continent or a page with all continents, countries and companies listed (using anchors in buttons).

My question is: instead, is there something I’m missing that would allow me to obtain the page that presents the correct “list” the way your categories menu work? Is that something I can mimic using GB?

Thank you

J

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joao,

This require some custom development which is beyond the scope of the forum Unfortuanly.

But I found an example for you, it should be helpful ๐Ÿ™‚
    https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_filter_elements.asp

Joao

Hi Ying,

For now I will opt for a page per category (continent) but the inks you’re mentioning look really interesting for someone like me.

Thank you very much for your answer.

J

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome!
    I hope you can get some inspiration from it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.