[Resolved] Particles web Matrix effect

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Particles web Matrix effect

Home Forums Support Particles web Matrix effect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Christophe

Hello,

How can i add this effect into a section or header?
    http://vincentgarreau.com/particles.js/

I load the JS script via functions.php:

function add_theme_scripts() {
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/particles.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/app.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/lib/stats.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/other.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'add_theme_scripts' );

I try adding this html into a section:

<div class="count-particles">
      <span class="js-count-particles">--</span> particles
    </div>

<!-- particles.js container -->
    <div id="particles-js"></div>

Here you can see a screenshot where are adding the files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocg1cqvdy44f5fn/Schermafbeelding%202016-11-04%20om%2000.44.24.png?dl=0

The website: https://ticketassist.be

It doens’t work. Hope you can help :-/

Regards,
    Christophe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In your wp_enqueue_script function calls, these parameters need to be different: 'script'

get_template_directory_uri() points to the parent theme directory.

You want to use: get_stylesheet_directory_uri()

That should get you closer πŸ™‚

Christophe

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your support.
    I find a tutorial how can add this:
    http://cakewp.com/divi-tutorials/add-nice-moving-particles-background-effect/

It works perfect now!!!

Regards,
    Christophe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Jamal

Hi

I’m struggling with this as well and i would like to avoid the plugin route if possible. Have tried asking around on stackexchange without much luck, will appreciate some help.

I have uploaded particles.js and app.js to js folder under child theme. Added <div id="particles-js"></div> in the page header and below to functions.php

// Enqueue particles.js
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'particles_animation' );
    function particles_animation() {
        wp_enqueue_script( 'particles', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/particles.min.js', array(), '1.0.0', true );
    }

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jamal,

Does your #particles-js element have a width/height?

My site might be a good example: https://tomusborne.com/

Christophe

Hi Jamal, Tom,

Maybe this can help… http://cakewp.com/divi-tutorials/add-nice-moving-particles-background-effect/
    If you download the plugin from the tutorial and look in the plugin’s source code, than you can find how it’s implement the particles. it is not so difficult.

PS: Tom, nice page example πŸ˜‰

Jamal

Yay it worked ! Thank you Tom and Christophe

I can’t believe i couldn’t get this to work for more than a week and nearly all i had to do was right there on Tom’s website. I even had checked it before but it didn’t hit me until now.

Followed the following steps:

1. Uploaded particles.min.js to my child theme in a folder named js
    2. Put <div id="particles-js"></div> in page header
    3. Insert this script in wp_footer GP hooks

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.MYSITE.COM/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/js/particles.min.js?ver=1.0.0'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    particlesJS("particles-js", {"particles":{"number":{"value":400,"density":{"enable":true,"value_area":800}},"color":{"value":"#fff"},"shape":{"type":"circle","stroke":{"width":0,"color":"#000000"},"polygon":{"nb_sides":5},"image":{"src":"img/github.svg","width":100,"height":100}},"opacity":{"value":0.5,"random":true,"anim":{"enable":false,"speed":1,"opacity_min":0.1,"sync":false}},"size":{"value":10,"random":true,"anim":{"enable":false,"speed":40,"size_min":0.1,"sync":false}},"line_linked":{"enable":false,"distance":500,"color":"#ffffff","opacity":0.4,"width":2},"move":{"enable":true,"speed":6,"direction":"bottom","random":false,"straight":false,"out_mode":"out","bounce":false,"attract":{"enable":false,"rotateX":600,"rotateY":1200}}},"interactivity":{"detect_on":"canvas","events":{"onhover":{"enable":true,"mode":"bubble"},"onclick":{"enable":true,"mode":"repulse"},"resize":true},"modes":{"grab":{"distance":400,"line_linked":{"opacity":0.5}},"bubble":{"distance":400,"size":4,"duration":0.3,"opacity":1,"speed":3},"repulse":{"distance":200,"duration":0.4},"push":{"particles_nb":4},"remove":{"particles_nb":2}}},"retina_detect":true});var count_particles, stats, update; stats = new Stats; stats.setMode(0); stats.domElement.style.position = 'absolute'; stats.domElement.style.left = '0px'; stats.domElement.style.top = '0px'; document.body.appendChild(stats.domElement); count_particles = document.querySelector('.js-count-particles'); update = function() { stats.begin(); stats.end(); if (window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles && window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles.array) { count_particles.innerText = window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles.array.length; } requestAnimationFrame(update); }; requestAnimationFrame(update);;
    </script>

All i have to learn now is to enqueue it but that’s fun for another day.

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! πŸ™‚

Christophe

Jamal,

Good work!
    Nice that you post your solution. This can help other members πŸ˜‰

Regards,
    Christophe

Jamal

Thanks Christophe

But now i have another problem, none of the links in the page header are clickable. How can i solve this?

Btw,forgot to mention (in my previous post) step 4 where i added this css:

#particles-js {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    width:100%;
    height:100%;
    left:0;
    }

Jamal

Css below seem to fix it,is it the right way?

.inside-page-header-container a{
        position:relative;
        z-index:9999;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be better to apply the z-index to the actual .inside-page-header-container (or a deeper element) instead of just the links.

Jamal

Nothing else seems to work except .inside-page-header-container a and i put z-index: 89 so the button can go under sticky navigation when scrolling.

If you don’t think doing like this will break anything i’m happy with the result. Thank you !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Shouldn’t break anything, it just means your non-links in the container won’t be “above” the particles. If it works for you the it’s perfect πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.