[Resolved] Particles web Matrix effect

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Particles web Matrix effect

Home Forums Support Particles web Matrix effect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Christophe

Hello,

How can i add this effect into a section or header?
    http://vincentgarreau.com/particles.js/

I load the JS script via functions.php:

function add_theme_scripts() {
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/particles.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/app.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/lib/stats.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
      wp_enqueue_script( 'script', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/other.js', array ( 'jquery' ), 1.1, true);
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'add_theme_scripts' );

I try adding this html into a section:

<div class="count-particles">
      <span class="js-count-particles">--</span> particles
    </div>

<!-- particles.js container -->
    <div id="particles-js"></div>

Here you can see a screenshot where are adding the files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocg1cqvdy44f5fn/Schermafbeelding%202016-11-04%20om%2000.44.24.png?dl=0

The website: https://ticketassist.be

It doens’t work. Hope you can help :-/

Regards,
    Christophe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In your wp_enqueue_script function calls, these parameters need to be different: 'script'

get_template_directory_uri() points to the parent theme directory.

You want to use: get_stylesheet_directory_uri()

That should get you closer πŸ™‚

Christophe

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your support.
    I find a tutorial how can add this:
    http://cakewp.com/divi-tutorials/add-nice-moving-particles-background-effect/

It works perfect now!!!

Regards,
    Christophe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome πŸ™‚

Jamal

Hi

I’m struggling with this as well and i would like to avoid the plugin route if possible. Have tried asking around on stackexchange without much luck, will appreciate some help.

I have uploaded particles.js and app.js to js folder under child theme. Added <div id="particles-js"></div> in the page header and below to functions.php

// Enqueue particles.js
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'particles_animation' );
    function particles_animation() {
        wp_enqueue_script( 'particles', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/particles.min.js', array(), '1.0.0', true );
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jamal,

Does your #particles-js element have a width/height?

My site might be a good example: https://tomusborne.com/

Christophe

Hi Jamal, Tom,

Maybe this can help… http://cakewp.com/divi-tutorials/add-nice-moving-particles-background-effect/
    If you download the plugin from the tutorial and look in the plugin’s source code, than you can find how it’s implement the particles. it is not so difficult.

PS: Tom, nice page example πŸ˜‰

Jamal

Yay it worked ! Thank you Tom and Christophe

I can’t believe i couldn’t get this to work for more than a week and nearly all i had to do was right there on Tom’s website. I even had checked it before but it didn’t hit me until now.

Followed the following steps:

1. Uploaded particles.min.js to my child theme in a folder named js
    2. Put <div id="particles-js"></div> in page header
    3. Insert this script in wp_footer GP hooks

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.MYSITE.COM/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/js/particles.min.js?ver=1.0.0'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    particlesJS("particles-js", {"particles":{"number":{"value":400,"density":{"enable":true,"value_area":800}},"color":{"value":"#fff"},"shape":{"type":"circle","stroke":{"width":0,"color":"#000000"},"polygon":{"nb_sides":5},"image":{"src":"img/github.svg","width":100,"height":100}},"opacity":{"value":0.5,"random":true,"anim":{"enable":false,"speed":1,"opacity_min":0.1,"sync":false}},"size":{"value":10,"random":true,"anim":{"enable":false,"speed":40,"size_min":0.1,"sync":false}},"line_linked":{"enable":false,"distance":500,"color":"#ffffff","opacity":0.4,"width":2},"move":{"enable":true,"speed":6,"direction":"bottom","random":false,"straight":false,"out_mode":"out","bounce":false,"attract":{"enable":false,"rotateX":600,"rotateY":1200}}},"interactivity":{"detect_on":"canvas","events":{"onhover":{"enable":true,"mode":"bubble"},"onclick":{"enable":true,"mode":"repulse"},"resize":true},"modes":{"grab":{"distance":400,"line_linked":{"opacity":0.5}},"bubble":{"distance":400,"size":4,"duration":0.3,"opacity":1,"speed":3},"repulse":{"distance":200,"duration":0.4},"push":{"particles_nb":4},"remove":{"particles_nb":2}}},"retina_detect":true});var count_particles, stats, update; stats = new Stats; stats.setMode(0); stats.domElement.style.position = 'absolute'; stats.domElement.style.left = '0px'; stats.domElement.style.top = '0px'; document.body.appendChild(stats.domElement); count_particles = document.querySelector('.js-count-particles'); update = function() { stats.begin(); stats.end(); if (window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles && window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles.array) { count_particles.innerText = window.pJSDom[0].pJS.particles.array.length; } requestAnimationFrame(update); }; requestAnimationFrame(update);;
    </script>

All i have to learn now is to enqueue it but that’s fun for another day.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! πŸ™‚

Christophe

Jamal,

Good work!
    Nice that you post your solution. This can help other members πŸ˜‰

Regards,
    Christophe

Jamal

Thanks Christophe

But now i have another problem, none of the links in the page header are clickable. How can i solve this?

Btw,forgot to mention (in my previous post) step 4 where i added this css:

#particles-js {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    width:100%;
    height:100%;
    left:0;
    }
    Jamal

Css below seem to fix it,is it the right way?

.inside-page-header-container a{
        position:relative;
        z-index:9999;
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be better to apply the z-index to the actual .inside-page-header-container (or a deeper element) instead of just the links.

Jamal

Nothing else seems to work except .inside-page-header-container a and i put z-index: 89 so the button can go under sticky navigation when scrolling.

If you don’t think doing like this will break anything i’m happy with the result. Thank you !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Shouldn’t break anything, it just means your non-links in the container won’t be “above” the particles. If it works for you the it’s perfect πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.