[Support request] Parent pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Parent pages

Home Forums Support Parent pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Caleb

Ok, I’ve spent Wayyyyy too much time trying to figure out a basic issue. I simply want to make only static pages, not posts with the tier 2 page (menu bar) being the parent and the tier three (drop down) being the child. Why is there no option to do this? I realize you can make sub items via the menu, but does google view that the same way? I wish they did. I want the permalink to be domain/bouncy-house-rentals for tier two and tier three to be domain/bounce-house-rental/modular-bounce-house. Please tell me there is an easy way to do this and I ddint spent umpteen hours on this them converting other sites too for 0 reason because of a basic MUST HAVE feature. I have premium and am using the latest version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I 100% understand.

You can give a page a parent page here: https://www.screencast.com/t/EyZ7RlUIko

That should give you the domain/parent-page/child-page permalink structure.

If that’s not what you mean, can you show me an example of what you’re wanting to do?

Let me know 🙂

Caleb

Mine only says Order. There is no option for parent. What did I do wrong?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are any of your Pages published? Unless you have one that is public then that option won’t display.

Caleb

yes, there are several live pages. So everyone else sees an option to set a parent page within the default page editor? I’m pretty sure I have the newest version of the plugin.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try #1 here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Particularly any Security Plugins as there have been some issues reported regarding iThemes security and this particular problem.

Caleb

WP-esignature by approve me was causing the conflict. If there is a work-around that would be great.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You might need to report it to them, as it could be a bug in their code that they need to address.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.