[Support request] pagination

Home Forums Support pagination

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jana

I don’t know if you have a workaround for this or not – my pagination on my post widget no longer works with the new WP update. I’ve got the latest GeneratePress.

I contacted elementor and they sent me here
    https://www.theindianwire.com/wordpress/wordpress-5-5-has-a-huge-flaw-and-it-is-breaking-websites-284794/

I don’t know if you’ve come up with a workaround – but I know you guys are on top of everything and I can’t be the only one having this issue.

Below I’ve pasted from this article but this is something that resides in the theme, I think, and I don’t want to mess with that!

The problem is the word ‘page’ is used by WordPress to only assin numerical values to it. But some themes are giving it alphanumerical values. So there is a conflict in the value of ‘page’. This leads to errors on your site.
    A WordPress contributor has said that instead of using page for building themes, use some other words as a variable.
    A user has said that he has started using ‘mypage’ as a variable name instead of ‘page’ and now he is not facing any issues related to pagination.
    Here is what the WordPress contributor Sergey Biryukov exactly said
    “It should only have a numeric value, and is not meant to be used for any other purpose, e.g. ?page=offers&id=xxx.
    So I would recommend changing this variable in any custom code to some other name to avoid conflicts.
    As another possible solution, you can disable the redirect_canonical() function for these requests, that is attached to the template_redirect action by default.”

They also said I could go back to an earlier version of WP – but I. thinking that could cause other issues. In the meantime – my client is very unhappy since the blog does drive a lot of traffic to our page.

Thank you! Jana

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is something WordPress would have to fix.

In the meantime downgrading to the previous version of WP might not be a bad idea if you need it to work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.