[Resolved] Pagespeed Insignt score is very low

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pagespeed Insignt score is very low

Home Forums Support Pagespeed Insignt score is very low

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sachin

Hi,
    The Pagespeed Insight score of my website is very low – 56 for mobile and 83 for desktop.
    I had installed WP Rocket to resolve the issue. But it has not helped. Would you please advise me what should I do to solve the problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

two main issues i can see:

1. Reduce the number of requests. Follow our optimization tips:
    https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

2. Most of your images could be better compressed. I would recommend using a desktop application to compress the files. You ideally want images to be below 50kb to 100kb.

Sachin

Hi David – you have suggested three steps
    1. Reduce the number of requests ( i believe that you are advising me to not check the Pagespeed Insight score too often) – ok, I will check the score every Sunday only.
    2. Follow the optimization tips as per your link – are you advising me to install the plugin “Autoptimize” to improve the PSI score?
    3. Reduce the size of images – done. Now, all images are well under 100kb each.

Is my summarisation above correct? You may advise more to improve the PSI score.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

By requests, we mean the number of HTTP requests on the site. For example, each CSS file which is loaded on the site is a “request”. Same for javascript, images etc..

So Autoptimize will take all of those separate CSS/JS requests and combine them. So 10 CSS files (10 requests) turns into 1 CSS file (1 request) and so on.

Hope this helps 🙂

Shrawan

Hi David, which image compression software would you recommend from your experience? I came across Squoosh, a Google-developed one, but it does not have batch processing capability. If you give us some names, we can check them out (preferably compatible with Mac)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is a great option for Mac:

https://imageoptim.com/mac

Sachin

Hi,
    I activated Autoptimize about 12hours back and just checked. The speed is 55 for mobile and 83 for desktop.
    Pl guide further.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The speed of your site depends on many factors.

Perhaps one or more of your plugins are causing the issue?

Have you tried disabling all plugins to test if the score is much better?

Sachin

Hi,
    I have deactivated all plugin except the following
    1. GP Premium
    2. Really Simple SSL

So, the score improved to 74 mobile and 94 desktop. Earlier, it was 55 & 83.

What is the next step?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The one Theme related thing you can do to improve the ‘score’ : Go to Customizer > General –> and change Icon Type to SVG.

Now Re-enable autoptimize to combine the scripts and style sheets.

Sachin

1. Icon type changed to SVG
    2. Autoptimize – activated.

Score – 75 & 90.

Still, the other plug-ins are deactivated. How do I get functionalities of those plug-ins? eg – contact form etc.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need to reactivate them to get those functionalities unfortunately.

As I mentioned the speed of your site depends on many things such as the quality of your hosting and the plugins you are using. Therefore you might not be able to get the score you have in mind.

The most import thing is load time though so if it loads decently fast then I wouldn’t worry about the score.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.