- This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by Leo.
May 15, 2020 at 1:27 am #1285242Sachin
The Pagespeed Insight score of my website is very low – 56 for mobile and 83 for desktop.
I had installed WP Rocket to resolve the issue. But it has not helped. Would you please advise me what should I do to solve the problem.May 15, 2020 at 4:00 am #1285424DavidStaffCustomer Support
two main issues i can see:
1. Reduce the number of requests. Follow our optimization tips:
2. Most of your images could be better compressed. I would recommend using a desktop application to compress the files. You ideally want images to be below 50kb to 100kb.May 16, 2020 at 2:13 am #1286899Sachin
Hi David – you have suggested three steps
1. Reduce the number of requests ( i believe that you are advising me to not check the Pagespeed Insight score too often) – ok, I will check the score every Sunday only.
2. Follow the optimization tips as per your link – are you advising me to install the plugin “Autoptimize” to improve the PSI score?
3. Reduce the size of images – done. Now, all images are well under 100kb each.
Is my summarisation above correct? You may advise more to improve the PSI score.
ThanksMay 16, 2020 at 11:07 am #1287606TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
So Autoptimize will take all of those separate CSS/JS requests and combine them. So 10 CSS files (10 requests) turns into 1 CSS file (1 request) and so on.
Hope this helps 🙂May 16, 2020 at 2:04 pm #1287777Shrawan
Hi David, which image compression software would you recommend from your experience? I came across Squoosh, a Google-developed one, but it does not have batch processing capability. If you give us some names, we can check them out (preferably compatible with Mac)May 17, 2020 at 6:33 am #1288468DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 17, 2020 at 7:19 am #1288524Sachin
I activated Autoptimize about 12hours back and just checked. The speed is 55 for mobile and 83 for desktop.
Pl guide further.
ThanksMay 17, 2020 at 9:44 am #1288863LeoStaffCustomer SupportMay 17, 2020 at 9:51 pm #1289455Sachin
I have deactivated all plugin except the following
1. GP Premium
2. Really Simple SSL
So, the score improved to 74 mobile and 94 desktop. Earlier, it was 55 & 83.
What is the next step?
ThanksMay 18, 2020 at 2:47 am #1289715DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 18, 2020 at 8:57 am #1290418Sachin
1. Icon type changed to SVG
2. Autoptimize – activated.
Score – 75 & 90.
Still, the other plug-ins are deactivated. How do I get functionalities of those plug-ins? eg – contact form etc.
ThanksMay 18, 2020 at 10:19 am #1290544LeoStaffCustomer Support
You will need to reactivate them to get those functionalities unfortunately.
As I mentioned the speed of your site depends on many things such as the quality of your hosting and the plugins you are using. Therefore you might not be able to get the score you have in mind.
The most import thing is load time though so if it loads decently fast then I wouldn’t worry about the score.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.