[Support request] page won't update

Home Forums Support [Support request] page won't update

Home Forums Support page won't update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Johannes

Hi there,
    I have a problem with one of my sites / pages.
    I cannot update one specific page although I can edit and update other pages in the same theme and same website.
    Could you please advise me what to do?
    I tried out disableing all plugins and the like.

In addition to that I have a problem with the plugin robots.text rewrite. If I activate it I get this error message:

Deprecated: strpos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /mnt/web215/a3/72/510067772/htdocs/Wordpress/wp-content/plugins/robotstxt-rewrite/robotstxt-rewrite-admin.php on line 43 Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web215/a3/72/510067772/htdocs/Wordpress/wp-content/plugins/robotstxt-rewrite/robotstxt-rewrite-admin.php:43) in /mnt/web215/a3/72/510067772/htdocs/Wordpress/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196

could you tell me what to do here, or recommend me another robots-plugin?

Thanks a lot!
    best, Johannes

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I cannot update one specific page

So what happens when you click update? Any error codes?

As for the robotstxt-rewrite plugin error, any chance you’ve checked with their support first?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Johannes

Hi Leo,
    thanks for your feedback.
    Regarding updating issues, no unfortunatley no error message you could work with. Only info update impossible or couldn’t update. I use the german interface so don’t the exact translation.

The other point I will check with their support. anyway is not that crucial I can also use the robots function from yoast plugin so I will find a work around.

thanks and best, johannes

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

For the page updating issue, does the same thing happen if you use a WordPress default twenty series themes?

Johannes

Hi Leo,
    yes changing the theme has no effect on the issue.
    The only differences between the page that won’t update and the other pages that update, is that I copied the content from my other blog and pasted it to the new page.
    It’s my data privacy statement.
    Could that be the reason?
    Thanks and best, Johannes

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t think of a reason why unfortunately.

Since the issue exists in a default WP theme, then it’s a core problem rather than GP problem.

I would just recreate that page and move on if other pages all work fine.

Johannes

ok will try out
    thanks a lot

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.