[Resolved] page width mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] page width mobile

Home Forums Support page width mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Asiya

How can I change the width of the content for mobile? It looks like too much padding on either side? Cant find the code to change for this.

Wanted to add a feature header image for this page like I have done for other pages. I add feature image in the backend of the page but its not appearing. help! https://byasiya.com/blog/

As always thank you!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. the site container padding ( not the GB Container padding ) can be changed in Customizer > Layout > Container.
    There is a mobile device icon that will switch to editing the padding for mobile.

2. The Blog is not a standard page, and WordPress ignores anything you add to a meta box in the post editor for it … including Featured Images.

You will need to create a Header Element specifically for the blog page and use a Custom Background Image instead of the featured image. Make sure to give the Header Element some top and bottom padding to give it some height.

Asiya

The padding worked!

As for the blog, I added a header element and use a custom back ground image and added padding and nothing changed?

Sorry! What could I be doing wrong?

Asiya

And is there anyway to decreasing spacing under the title and between the images for the preview of the blog posts? https://byasiya.com/blog/

The image seems tp have so much space around it and the title has too much space under it?
    Thank you!!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edit the header element and add a HTML comment to the text area eg.

<!-- Featured hero image -->

FYI: Elements only show if they contain some content. HTML Comments allow you to just display the image.

For the space – go to Customizer > Layout > Container and reduce the Content Separator spacing.

Asiya

I tried adding the HTML comment you suggested and it did not work.
    I added the image as custom image
    Chose the location
    added padding
    Chose to display on blog
    Not sure what else to do?

As for the spacing- I reduced the content spacing and it changed the distance above the text, but not the spacing between text and the feature image on the preview on the blog.

Sorry!
    Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not seeing your Blog page anymore ?

Asiya

I accidentally deactivate the site theme and I think I lost all my hard work ๐Ÿ˜“ is there any way to get the css back

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Where were the CSS added before?

Asiya

I edited each thing in the customize menu, All the page elements, all the pages and plugins and then in the site library activation, I accidentally deactivated the theme and now my site looks like MUSH. ugh. Let me know if anything can be done.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t you just reactivate the theme? Or am I missing something?

Asiya

I could but I spent over 100 HOURS customizing the theme- Changing the CSS – colors spacing etc to match my brand. So if I activate it, I dont think all those changes are just going to come back magically?

Asiya

Or is there a way to do this? I didn’t save the CSS and changes I made anywhere before I deactivated the theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Deactivating the theme won’t remove anything from the database, so if you simply re-activate it all of your work should come back ๐Ÿ™‚

Asiya

I did it in the plugin area in the site library, not in the theme editor- And I basically deactivated the site library I had chosen. It says that if I add a certain site library that the new one will overwrite my customizer settings. Is there any way to retrieve it after I have removed my site Library

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.