[Resolved] Page title (heading) typography

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page title (heading) typography

Home Forums Support Page title (heading) typography

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scott

Hi. The Heading 1 (H1) settings under Customizing -> Typography -> Headings are wonky.

When I attempt to adjust the font size, it will change when I click the slider to increase or decrease it (as it should function). However, if I go up and change the font itself, the text size immediately reverts back to some tiny default and will not even reflect the font I select. The font size will still remain set where I had it under that option, but the text size will not be the size indicated. The only way to get the font size to actually reflect the size it is set at requires that I move the slider at least one px up or down. The font size will then jump immediately to that size.

To summarize: The font type dropdown simply has no effect other than to decrease the font size to some tiny default (regardless of what I have it set at). The font type will not change no matter what font is selected. The font size will adjust as long as the font type is not changed. Any change in the font type will immediately go back to a tiny default, no matter what px size I have selected.

The site hasn’t been published yet. It’s in development and the WP installation is hosted at Flywheel. I’m using Chrome v. 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What size and which two fonts are you setting? I’ll take a look.

Scott

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. The size of the font I select doesn’t seem to matter nor does the font type I choose. The behavior is consistent across all sizes and font types.

If I go to the GP Theme customizer and go to Typography (not the overarching one), there are 7 options (Body, Header, Primary Navigation, Buttons, Headings, Widgets, Footer). If I select Headings, I get the Heading 1 (H1), Heading 2 (H2), etc. options. Whatever page I have opened up to edit (besides my front page), the page title will be in very tiny font and I’m not even sure what the font type is. When I go to the Heading 1 (H1) section of the options in the edit pane on the left and try to adjust the font type, nothing at all happens to the title on the page, regardless of the font type I select. The screen dims like it’s refreshing the page, but the title does nothing.

If I go to the font size slider and move the slider one px left or right, the page title will immediately go to the size I have selected, regardless of what that size selection is. Further moving the slider will make the font size increase or decrease accordingly (as it should behave). However, if I go up to the font selection again and select any font, the screen will again “refresh” but the font size will immediately go back to the tiny size, regardless of what the font size slider is set at. For example, if I click on the slider and increase the font size to 36 px, the font will immediately enlarge to 36 px (as it should). However, if go to the font type drop-down, select a font other than the one in the window, the screen will “refresh” but the font type doesn’t change, it only goes back to a tiny size even though the font size box and slider are still at 36 px.

It’s almost as if it’s fighting with another setting somehow and the other setting is forcing the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Scott,

This sounds really strange and we haven’t had this reported before.

Can you link us to the site? or maybe give us access to the dashboard?

You can send the info through Account Issue: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Scott

Done. Hopefully you won’t have any issue accessing my dashboard.

Thanks,

Scott

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Scott,

Are you using a plugin called Easy Google Fonts? It looks like H1 elements are set to 10px inside their options.

If you remove that plugin, GP will have full control over your options.

Scott

Hey Tom,

Indeed I am. I deleted the plug-in, and you are correct! It wasn’t clear if to me if the plug-in was supplying the available fonts or if they were included in GP. Some themes have such a limited portfolio of fonts available. Glad to know GP has a nice set included. If there are any other plug-ins you see that you don’t recommend, please let me know. I think I only have six installed (not counting yours), but you would know before me which ones might be problematic and which ones aren’t, especially with GP.

Thanks so much for digging into my site and figuring it out (Leo too). I never once thought that Google plug-in would override GP’s control. Then again, I’m new to WP, so I’m figuring out a ton of things on the fly.

Thanks again!

Scott

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem at all – glad we could help!

Your other plugins should be fine, but if you run into any conflicts, you can always disable them one by one to see if one of them is causing it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.