[Support request] Page Hero issue with LH Consulting Target theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Hero issue with LH Consulting Target theme

Home Forums Support Page Hero issue with LH Consulting Target theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clyde

Hey, hate to bug you about the site library but I’m having a minor problem with the LH Consulting Target theme. I’m using GP Pro and everything is updated.

It’s on a site that’s not yet public but I could make the page available if needed.

I imported the Target content and settings and also have your GP child theme installed.

The issue is that the News page shows the Title BLOG on the page itself even though everything else says News.

Here’s the code for that setting:

`<div class=”page-hero”>
    <div class=”inside-page-hero grid-container grid-parent”>
    <h1>
    Blog
    </h1>
    </div>
    </div>`

I went into the Elements settings and if I remove the Blog page from the Add Location Rule the displayed title is removed rather than overridden by the News page settings on which the blog posts are displayed.

The title is displayed in a black bar right below the primary menu. That’s where it says Blog instead of News.

Hope that makes sense.

I’m wondering if there’s a code snippet that would fix the problem.

Thanks for your help. I haven’t set up a new site using GP in a while and I’m again reminded of what great work you guys are doing!

Clyde

Looks like the code didn’t display fully but it’s for the div class inside-page-hero grid-container grid-parent which is inside the div class page-hero.

Clyde

I went ahead and made the domain available for viewing.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Blog doesn’t have an actual content title, which is what gets displayed when a Header Element uses the {{post_title}} template tag. So GP just outputs Blog which is better the it returning nothing.

You will need to exclude the Blog from your Header Elements Display Rules. Then create a new dedicated Header Element just for your Blog page with your actual title included e.g
    <h1>News</h1>

Clyde

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.