[Resolved] Page Headers for BuddyPress pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Headers for BuddyPress pages

Home Forums Support Page Headers for BuddyPress pages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi,
    I have been reading in the Forum about requests for support of BuddyPress Pages in generatePress.

Have yo come any further with this?

I would just love to see the ability to do Page Headers that integrate with Page Headers and navigation etc. on BuddyPress pages.

Right now it seems very hard to achieve this. 🙂

Cheers

P.

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Peter

Ups – it should be:

“I would just love to see the ability to do Page Headers that integrate with Site Headers and navigation etc. on BuddyPress pages.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Peter,

BuddyPress would need to use custom post types to integrate into our new Elements module: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Have you tried it yet?

If BuddyPress isn’t compatible with our Display Rules, we can actually use a filter to target BP pages to add your Header elements.

Peter

Hi Tom,

This is brilliant – it works perfectly with the new Elements feature in GP.

Earlier today I set up a localhost test site and tried using a hook for this – that proved to be a little difficult.

So I just now made a header element – everything works according to plan – especially after I de-activated the hook from earlier… 🙂

Thank you for GP Pro!

cheers

Peter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Peter

Hi Tom,

Sorry to bother you with this again, but I am still having trouble getting this to work on a live website.

It worked perfectly on a localhost installation, but now I just can’t get a BuddyPress members page to display a page header I made witht the latest version of GP Premium.

I have tried both a Legacy Header and a new Header elemnt, but it’s just not laoding on that BuddyPress page.

Cheers

P.

PS: How can I send a private message with an URL for the website? Just in case…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you made sure your settings are the same on localhost vs the live site? GPP itself doesn’t care/know whether it’s on localhost or a live server.

You can edit your first post in here to add your URL privately.

Peter

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply – I have edited the relevant URL.

I have tried to make absolutely sure that the settings for that Element/Page Header are the exact same on the localhost and on the live site.

Thank you again!

cheers
    Peter

Peter

Hi (again) Tom,

I really must apologize for the confusion.

It turned out that there were Elementor page templates that were interfering with the elements’ header designs on the live site.

The Elementor page templates were all set to dynamically load both the featured image and the site title.

At least that’s what I think was happening – it seems to be working now that I got this error out of the way.

Bare with me… thanks.

Once I got it sorted out even the BuddyPress pages seem to be (sort of) OK – all though they (BuddyPress pages) are notoriously hard to play with.

But hey, that’s not your fault.

Can I suggest that you consider adding more BuddyPress support to GeneratePress?

But maybe there are not that many still trying to make BuddyPress play nice…

cheers

Peter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you figured it out!

BuddyPress itself doesn’t come up a lot in these forums, but I’ll definitely look into making it play better with Elements 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.